Noodler

Youtube Favourite music vids

RockaBilly    0
Catchy. Boppin aloing to it. Easy on the ears. Not what I normally listen to, but I like it. Good post.

They're from West Germany and yes, they are a bit different but cool sounding. I like 'em. I got the cassette tape, The Mix.

I like world music and there are so many good artists out there, just gotta find 'em. :)

EDIT: Ya, I remember Ramstein. Here's another fav of mine from Kraftwerk but I can't find the long version.

Noodler    1
They're from West Germany and yes, they are a bit different but cool sounding. I like 'em. I got the cassette tape, The Mix.

I like world music and there are so many good artists out there, just gotta find 'em. :)

So it's not new then, if you have it on tape? It's not what I thought trance would be like. I didin't get hypnotised or anything. I feel ripped off. Was I supposed to eat a disco biscuit first? lol.

I just found the lyrics to the Ramstein stuff. Not like I thought it would be. They're kind of screwed up. Ah! I remember one time they had it on in the gym and someone made them turn it off. Now I know why- they could spruiken de Deutsch! I can't believe I was working out to some of their songs. Yuk! :weirdeyes:

I'd like to find some of that 2-3 or 3-2 clave african stuff, but it's hard when you don't know what to look for.

RockaBilly    0
So it's not new then, if you have it on tape? It's not what I thought trance would be like. I didin't get hypnotised or anything. I feel ripped off. Was I supposed to eat a disco biscuit first? lol.

I just found the lyrics to the Ramstein stuff. Not like I thought it would be. They're kind of screwed up. Ah! I remember one time they had it on in the gym and someone made them turn it off. Now I know why- they could spruiken de Deutsch! I can't believe I was working out to some of their songs. Yuk! :weirdeyes:

I'd like to find some of that 2-3 or 3-2 clave african stuff, but it's hard when you don't know what to look for.

Try searching Paul Simon. He visited the world, to different cultures and jammed with them. Paul is a very interesting guy.

Noodler    1

Paul Simon does world music? I though he just did Call Me Al.:dunno: Will look into him.

This is the kind of thing:

OK more time playing, less time surfing. Seeya in a while Chris. Another great thread.

RockaBilly    0
Paul Simon does world music? I though he just did Call Me Al.:dunno: Will look into him.

This is the kind of thing:

OK more time playing, less time surfing. Seeya in a while Chris. Another great thread.

Cool. I did a search on drums and came up with this, WTH!

starsailor    20

I remember when All the Young Dudes came out, that is a great song, I can see how that would hit home with you, the Chorus is Anthemic and the lyrics are pretty good I always looked on it as a song about dissillusionment but I was a bit deep as a child, still am now to be honest so sometimes read things into songs that aren't there, Bob Dylan often wonders why people get so many things from his songs but sometimes one sentence triggers a thought in the listener and they run with it.

Mott The Hoople | All The Young Dudes lyrics

That's a great Metallica song, checked out the lyrics.

Metallica | Fade To Black lyrics

It does look like a song about suicide but it could also be about a person with a terminal illness who's gives up the fight, I find this song interesting because the music has loads of attitude so the song words sound like they come from a person sticking two fingers up at the world, I think if it was done really slowly it would come across different, just my opinion though.

Depending on a persons mindset this could hit a nerve, when I used to get depressed I'd always put miserable songs on and in some songs I could relate to the words and say yeah that's what I feel like, I'm sure people could take that one step further if they'd sunk deep enough, Radiohead were always cited as one of the most depressing bands on the planet, the band themselves are quite a cheerful bunch, Tom Yorke runs deep but he's not angst ridden maybe creep could be seen as a little irresponsible as it struck a chord with every spotty teenager who got rejected at the school dance, trouble is I think most writers apart from hit factories write what they feel at the time and probably don't think about the affect their songs will have on others, just like we could say something bad to one perso and it would bounce off them, say the same thing to another person and they'd lose the plot or spiral into a dark mood depends on the state of mind of the audience I suppose. (I'm rambling again)

Going to brighten up after this but this song hit home with me such a powerful performance.

starsailor    20

Cool like Kraftwerk, Rammstein was good too, I was still on the road theme bit slow I'm afraid.

Here's one I like, thought you guys would like the guitar work on this.

As this is favourite videos I thought I'd bring the Family in, this is my Nephew Ben and his band WiserVice, Ben is the guy in black playing the silver guitar and rapping, his speciality is beatbox which he teaches in Portsmouth also teaches guitar must pay him a visit, could do with some help:dunno:

And this is my Brother Len who lives in Canada, plays guitar and vocals his band is called The Free Press they've just got management and a record contract and an album coming out, so things are taking off for them, which we're all delighted about, got a chance to play a bit with Len last year, me on guitar and him on Balalaika that was fun, very proud of him, he's the guy with the red guitar in the baseball cap, my sister does Music therapy for a living so we're quite a musical family, I'm not as good as them but I keep trying:)

RockaBilly    0
Something a bit mellow just class playing, George Van Eps and Howard Alden playing Stompin' at the Savoy great tune:smilinguitar:

Good one, seems familiar I have no idea why.

starsailor    20

Think it's just one of them tunes that gets around a bit, it's certainly been around a long time, here's Chet Atkins and Jerry Reed, still pretty chilled:guitardude:

Noodler    1

Loved the Wiservice one. There's a group here in Brizzy at the moment that aren't too dissimilar (Ruby Blue) which is a good

thing. Very poilished, interesting and just unique enough to be extra cool. I'd happily take in a whole show by those guys.

The Guitar song Road Duet is my thing. I've been going to sleep to Joe Pass, like this kind of song:

Here's a gret little ditty by Merle Travis. Worth buying the whole song:

starsailor    20

Finally caught up with the videos, connection keeps going off right pain, Loved all of these, Here to eternity was a great film, The George Harrison track was excellent really enjoyed that one, Steffan and Monte were on top form.

Something a bit different from Mike Oldfield one of the UKs finest, plays all the instruments himself only thing he didn't do on this was the female vocal so Maggie Reilly I think did it, he's famous for Tubular Bells which stayed in the Album Charts for years, this is one of my favourites of his. like the production cool:winkthumb:

YouTube - Mike Oldfield - Five Miles Out

Noodler, it sounds like you might be becoming a Montiac. It's ok you'll find that there are many of us. If you ever get the chance go to a live show. It's like a magic trick, the mind can not comprehend what the eyes are seeing. Go see him anytime you get the chance, I don't know if he travels down under but I know that hits Europe so he does travel. The last time I saw him he was solo and after the show I got to talk to him for a minute. A really nice guy. He really plays off the crowd. While he was rolling up his sleeves to get what he call "serious" we yelled to him "You can do it!" and he answered back, "Yeah I know I can, I'm Monte Montgomery, I can do anything."

starsailor    20

Oh and Jethro Tull, pretty unique group, think they're the only band with a lead Flautist, Ian Anderson who also does vocals. he introduced the flute to Rock n' Roll, been going since the late 60s still sound great.