Noodler

Youtube Favourite music vids

Youtube is a great way to share music with friends without having to hand over your copy of the album or having to buy it when you might not like it.

Bands used to try and have songs played on the radio for exposure, so I don't understand why they're clamping down on people accessing songs in compressed format from youube, but anyway...

Here's a thread to share some favourite tunes that are your 5 star tracks or quirky/ interesting.

I'll start off with someone I chat to. This guy is Italian, not American, so if you listen to the lyrics he's struggling and making up his own words, but he loves the music and boy can he play:

Nice one Noodler, cool band they're having a great time too, here's Luke, (vocals, lead guitar), who my Wife works with and his band Elementary Penguin, he does two or three jobs during the day and gigs most weeks, lovely guy and along with the rest of the band works his socks off:winkthumb:

Yeah, Luke used to be in a Beatles tribute band in Brighton and he started this one a couple of years ago, used to do gigs just playing Piano they were a lot of fun, he does requests too, always a good night out and the chance for a sing a long.

Who was that on guitar, pretty neat playing there, good skit, quite topical too, here's REM messing around, found this the other day.

I don't know who the guitarist is. They're comedians more than musos. Have a look at their other videos of Paul McCartney, Freddy Mercury, etc.

Shining Happy People is a favourite of mine, but it lacked the Kate!

This makes up for it:

YouTube - Kate Pierson and Rufus Leaking "Don't Be Late"

Heck, you can leave the sound off for that one!

Oops, here's some music:

YouTube - The B-52's (Rock Lobster Live)

:laughingg: When I've got off the floor I'll post something, Going to the Zoo, they just don't write songs like that any more:yes:

Here's an early song I love from Captain Beefheart, this is pretty tame for him some of his stuff though is way left field, like him a lot:winkthumb:

here's Luke, (vocals, lead guitar), who my Wife works with and his band Elementary Penguin,

Do they "sing Hare Krishna?"

Do they "sing Hare Krishna?"

:lol: They haven't taken to going around chanting yet but after a few drinks anything's possible. I'm just glad they didn't call the band Semolina Pilchard.

Wonder if George was offended by this song, apparently John Lennon wrote it after a couple of Acid trips, found this little song from George Harrison which wasn't released feel free to chant along.

YouTube - George Harrison - Gopala Krishna

This is a weird video

Not my fav but still pretty cool

This one may be my new fav

Thanks for those links Random Robot Air Tap was cool, lot of skill there, hadn't heard Monte Montgomery before so thanks for the intro, he's some guitarist, loved that song, excellent:winkthumb:

My fav Bands. :)

Cool links Rockabilly, hadn't heard either of those bands for a long time, read up on Grand Funk Railroad apparently the critics hated them but they sold over 25 Million records and the fans loved them, think they prove that critics opinions don't count for much.:winkthumb:

I'd say pee on the critics. :)

They don't speak for me.

Get your hands on the CalJam 74 dvd somewhere. GFR rocked!

Yeah I haven't got a lot of time for critics, at the end of the day a critic is just a person with an opinion like everybody else with their own taste in music, don't know why they're put on a pedastal.

Grand Funk are off on tour again this year, I know they only have two original members and don't know how the band compares to the original one but they have some heavyweight musicians with them, they hit Texas in June, here's the tour Schedule, haven't tracked down the DVD yet but found the Greatest hits which has a DVD of rare footage with it, so I think I'll get that if I can't find the other one.

departures

Cheers

Chris

Here's one I found while searching for Joe Pass stuff....

And it's nothing related, but a nice find all the same. An Irish version of Little Wing :claping:

YouTube - The Corrs - Little Wing (Unplugged)

Not too sure what happened to the Corrs, they're a very talented Family, enjoyed that take on Little Wing, Andrea does have a beautiful voice, they also did a cover of Fleetwood Mac's Dreams, liked all the incarnations of Fleetwood Mac but the Rumours Album is one of the most complete Albums ever made and the year it came out was a great year for me oh and I kind of had a crush on Stevie Nicks too so I thought I'd put Dreams on.

YouTube - Fleetwood Mac - Dreams

And the original Fleetwood Mac with the guitar legends Peter Green and Danny Kirwan on top form:winkthumb:

Never listened to Grand Funk Railroad before, but I've heard the name a lot. Really liked that song. very rock'n'roll and soulful. Right up my alley.

Youtube's getting cheeky! I wanted to look at Hold the Line by Toto, and instead of saying the it infringed copyright, it played the clip but advertised some dance music song and had that playing instead. How roood!

Never heard of these guys, but they're having fun covering it:

I've got to share this. Not sure if anyone else will know it or not:

I got taught it in lessons. Fun to play. :smilinguitar: