Lcjones

Don't Be Afraid

..... to write crap!

The hardest part in becoming a song writer is writing something down. The best way to become a song writer is to write something down.

Listen. Great song writers do not happen over night. Yes, I know, there are those "exceptions". But really, the exceptions are few and far away. And I mean very, very, distant, millions of miles away far away. So what do the rest of us do? We write. The more we write. The better we get.

Many people make careers by writing songs. AND THEY ARE NOT MUSICIANS. What do these people do? They learn how to write. They learn how to write coherent lyrics that have a sense of time frame, a sense of believability and direct their writing to an appropriate audience.

Of course, that is a very simplistic view of the process required of writing lyrics. Nonetheless, I am true to my heart and write crap everyday. But everyday I write, I write better crap. Soon the balance will change.

In the meantime here's some crap for you..... :) Making light of a bad situation. You are free to do with what you will to this, ummmm, lyric.

:)

Swine Flu Blues

I been hackin' and a coughin'

Got the back door trots

My head's a-bustin' wide

With a fever burnin hot

I got them down home swine flu blues

My squeeze don't wanna kiss me

My offspring don't wanna hug

My canine won't even lick me

Cause I got a porker of a bug

Yeah, I got them down home swine flu blues

I'm layin' round in bed

Doc calls on the phone

Ask's me how I'm doing

All I can do is moan

I got them down home swine flu blues

The influenza got me

Smack down on my rig

Ain't got a clue on what to do

I need to lose this pig

I got them down home, back water swine flu blues

Momma's fryin' some chops

Dippin' 'em deep in lard

Only way to fix this play

Is to take 'em fat and charred

I got them down home, back water swine flu blues

ad infinitum .... or is that ad nauseum

:)

LC

LMAO! The back door trots! :claping:

Yeah I write a ton of crap...I have so many one liners written down that a few are bound to fit together one day! I always have a pen, pencil, or crayon and paper, napkin, bill or toilet paper near by, just in case, but still occasionally lose a good one.

I walked from the kitchen giggling at my own whit the other day and by the time I got to the next room where my paper was waiting for me, I had forgotten it :( Might be time for a recorder to have in hand to keep track of my crap ;)

I like your crap Les, doesn't seem like crap at all in fact!!:winkthumb:

I love it all but especially the last line, the take em fat and charred line. I mis-read the other last line as black water swine flue blues and then thought - does that make it even darker.........:dunno:

I mis-read the other last line as black water swine flue blues and then thought - does that make it even darker.........:dunno:

That does make it Darker;)

Nice write LC :winkthumb:

I write varying degrees of crap but I think the thing that would disappoint me the most would be a blank page, just the thought of it brings me out in a sweat, well I'm hoping it's the thought of a blank page anyway.

My Wife likes my songs, the other day she called me a Shining Wit unfortunately my hearing's not what it was so it might have been something else but I prefer not to dwell on it:winkthumb: