Compendium Guy

Using Guitar Pro 5.2, Have Simple Questions...

Like...

If I want to lay down a track consisting of 1-2-3 and have the next notes take twice the time to play(or slowthe tempo) like:

1-2-3 Oooonnnneee, Tttwwwooooo, Ttthhhrrrreeeee.

On a 4/4 measure, it plays back choppy and not fluid. I might be clicking different buttons to experiment, but how do you play the first three notes in a standard pattern and then the next three accentuating at half speed? all in a 4/4 measure.

My GP5 is cussing at me when it thinks I don't know what i'm doing, so, a lot.

Mike

OK, i've inserted a REST after each longer note and that seemed to do the trick. As it is twice as long as the initial three notes. I just don't think this is the proper way to do it as what if I have notes at other tempos that aren't simply twice as long as the previous notes? It will get me the results I'm looking for but it's the "quick and dirty" way I'm sure.

If anyone has a better way, chime in.

OK, your tune has two parts. Part one is three single notes, and part two is three double notes. At the moment, each double note in part two is written as a single note and a rest.

I've made up my own notes for this in cg1.gp5. Please note that your tune takes up nine beats, so I've added three rests at the end to fill out the last bar. You must have four beats in a bar!

The foolproof way of making each single note / rest pair into a double note is to replace the rest with another single note (of the same pitch), and, while the highlight is still on the new note, press the "l" key which ties them together.

Please check cg2.gp5 which has the replaced rests, and then adds the ties.

You need to tie the single notes together, as opposed to replacing them with a double note, to get them to fit inside the bars.

-Alan

Where did my attachment go :dunno:

Anyway, thanks for posting your original idea. I've edited it, and added some extra bars to show what I mean. Hopefully the attachment will work this time ...

OK, bars 1 & 2 are your original idea.

Bars 3 & 4 are rests, simply to separate the different examples.

Bars 5 - 7 show what happens when I replace the rests with the preceding note. We are halfway to what I think you're after.

Bars 10 - 12 show what happens when I select the new note and press the letter "l" to tie the two notes together. This, I think, is the sound you're after.

This looks too fussy for me, because two of the double notes sit astride the bar. To tidy it up, I've prefixed the tune with a single rest, and I hope you agree that bars 15 - 17 are easier to read :winkthumb:

-Alan

Rest Test2.gp5

Yes!, That's it Alan.

Thanks for showing me the proper way to arrange different tempo notes. So start with a rest to position the composition and use half notes for note duration. I tried the notes early on and it wouldn't let me switch some of the notes inside the bar. But that's because I was probably doing something wrong.

I can continue with the composition now thank you.:claping:

Mike