For now let it be.

Why would you want it back

This Poet of Lies?

Breathe in

Breathe out

say your goodbye.

V.D.P. 02/09

Conversation on The Poet of Lies

?ok? I wrote this for my Conversation...(had to change up the pickig a bit, now to record...eek!) Not written in regular sing/song verse..but just that, a conversation.

carol m    64

It's looking good Dawn. I'm looking forward to hearing it!! Have you sung on a track before? I can't remember one - you go girl - sock it to us. lay us in the aisles!! Yeah! :yeahhh:

You didn't ask for suggestions but.......ha ha......in verse 3, - 'It isn't always true' might be easier to sing as 'It's not always true'. As always, ignore me if you disagree. :)

D-Dawn    0

Thanks Carol! It does fit better :) nope you've not heard my voice yet as it has been booked solid for the past 5 years exclusively at InTheCar and perhaps smaller venues such as TheShower LOL ;)

D-Dawn    0

Thanks eddiez! I have a hard time convincing myself to actually post stuff I have written so I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone. Your encouragement is appreciated :)

knight46    2

Good job D-Dawn, a different flow to these lyrics but a real Conversation. Have you thought about breaking the rhythm with a chorus say between verse 4 and 5 and then again between 8 and 9. Maybe something a little slower to add some suspense.

But as I said very good job, looking forward to hearing the final product.

D-Dawn    0

Great idea knight! I'll have to work on that!

Carol, I used to sing to the kids all the time when they were little so they are of the opinion that I do it well, I on the other hand feel something is very much lacking in my vocal department :)

carol m    64

I on the other hand feel something is very much lacking in my vocal department :)

I think everyone feels like that unless they have sung a lot in public but this site is a safe place to get over the nerves, and everyone improves with confidence and practise. You'll be fine. :yes:

D-Dawn    0

Thanks! Now I've jut gotta work up the nerve to sing it the way I hear it in my head!

I used to have a hard time posting anything I played or wrote, now its the singing hurdle to overcome!!

starsailor    20

I'm terrified of singing in public because I think I'll get shot down in flames, I used to be nervous of posting on here but the support and encouragement from so many members here gave me more confidence, don't think I'm brilliant but I'm not afraid to post any more so I owe this forum a lot, Your playing's great and I'm sure your singing is too and we all want to hear you so go for it D-Dawn you haven't got anything to lose and you'll gain more confidence with every song.:thumbup:

All The Best

Chris

D-Dawn    0

But what happens if I have one of those voices that make ears bleed?! Just kidding... I'm working up to it! Thanks for the encouragement :)