Jump to content
astratslinger

A couple of new Tele's

Recommended Posts

I bought a used mim Tele a few weeks ago. A couple days after I got it, I saw an ad in another forum for a set of used Duncan Vintage '54 Tele p'ups...$70!! I grabbed 'em! Ordered a loaded control plate from Allparts and hooked 'er up. My cousin finished the frets for me and set it up (action was a little too low for me)...nice playin' ax, sounds great so far, but then I haven't had much time to play it yet.

Here's a pic of it. I'm gonna replace the pickguard (it has a pinkish tint to it :unsure: and I can't be havin' that) with black or cream pearloid, ain't made my mind up yet.

001-3-1-1.jpg

And then, last week :)...I found a heckuva deal on another used Tele that looks like new. It had a USA flag colored pickguard on it, sure didn't look right with the 'burst finish, so I replaced it with this one from the bargain bin. It'll have to be replaced, too, but for now it looks better than the other one. Cousin is gonna dress the frets on this one, too. Already ordered another control plate from Allparts and trying to decide on p'ups for it.

Here's a pic:

007-1-1-1.jpg

Also bought a new Fender Bluz Jr about the same time I got the Red Tele :) and I'm diggin' the heck outta it!! I'll get some pics up of it soon, and some sound clips of all of it.

I'm GASed out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy S    9

Lookin' real nice!! Agree on the Pink pick guard....definitely not your style.

Are you gonna change your forum name to Teleslinger? I mean, c'mon! not just ONE but TWO Telecasters! heh heh!

Cant' wait to hear the clips!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comments much appreciated, m'friends. My cuz has the 'burst at his shop tinkering around with it yesterday and today. Will wait 'til after I get new p'ups in her before he does anything with the action, just getting those rough edges off the frets and polishing them now.

Are you gonna change your forum name to Teleslinger? I mean, c'mon! not just ONE but TWO Telecasters! heh heh!

Cant' wait to hear the clips!

Lol...I've got another Strat besides Goldie, Andy. So I'm even there. Could go either way...Teleslinger has less letters.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stratrat    0

Three very nice acquisitions there, astratslinger - 2 Teles and a BJr.! :yes: I know what you mean about the username also - I play about 80% Tele now (the other 20% being either acoustic or my Gretsch G5120) - rarely even touch my Strat, but "Telerat" just doesn't have the same ring as "Stratrat". :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×