Hi all, I will be 15 in couple of days, and I wanted to buy eletric guitar.

I did some research and I found Ibanez GRG170DX-BKN I think it looks cool, and has nice options for beginners. But when I saw some posts on forums, that some people say Ibanez GRG170DX-BKN isn't good guitar, I didn't know what to do. So can you please tell me some good eletric guitars for beginners, I would like to play songs from Green day, Korn, Slipknot, 30 seconds to mars, Red hot Chilli peppers etc.

And I wanted to ask 1 more question.. :)

How can I know do I really want to play guitar, I mean.. I want to play my fav songs, etc. but what If I fail and guitar gets boring? Plus, my friends already have band and they want from me to learn playing guitar and be their guitarist (aw xD) so I don't want to ruin that.

I am not 100% sure, Help?... Well I hope you will help me! :winkthumb: Thanks.

PS. These beginner's guides look awesome :)

Hi all, I will be 15 in couple of days, and I wanted to buy eletric guitar.

I did some research and I found Ibanez GRG170DX-BKN I think it looks cool, and has nice options for beginners. But when I saw some posts on forums, that some people say Ibanez GRG170DX-BKN isn't good guitar, I didn't know what to do. So can you please tell me some good eletric guitars for beginners, I would like to play songs from Green day, Korn, Slipknot, 30 seconds to mars, Red hot Chilli peppers etc.

And I wanted to ask 1 more question.. :)

How can I know do I really want to play guitar, I mean.. I want to play my fav songs, etc. but what If I fail and guitar gets boring? Plus, my friends already have band and they want from me to learn playing guitar and be their guitarist (aw xD) so I don't want to ruin that.

I am not 100% sure, Help?... Well I hope you will help me! :winkthumb: Thanks.

PS. These beginner's guides look awesome :)

Hi Jovan, the best way to buy a guitar would be to go to a store if you can and try a few out as your mates are in a band take them along with you as they'll know what to look for you need a guitar that you're comfortable with to start off that's the most important thing. can't give a comment on the Ibanez, don't play electric much so I'll leave that to the members that do.

Second part of your questions interesting, it's not good to walk into anything half hearted so you do need to answer the question do you want to play guitar? as it's going to take a cash outlay, time and committment to achieve, just my opinion but you shouldn't do something just because someone one else wants you to do it, you have to do it for you not to make them happy, trying to please other people is a no brainer better to do things because you want to, your friends should understand if you don't want to do it.

Learning to play guitar though is very rewarding as is learning to play music in general it's good trying to make music, if you walk into it with a positive attitude you'll do fine, they'll always be times when you have self doubt maybe that's what you're having now are you thinking twice about it because you think it might be too hard or is it just something you never really felt the urge to do. If you decide to do it I'm sure your friends will give you lots of support as they seem keen on having you in the band. Good luck with whatever you decide and have a great Birthday long time since I was 15 have fun:winkthumb:

Hi Jovan, the best way to buy a guitar would be to go to a store if you can and try a few out as your mates are in a band take them along with you as they'll know what to look for you need a guitar that you're comfortable with to start off that's the most important thing. can't give a comment on the Ibanez, don't play electric much so I'll leave that to the members that do.

Second part of your questions interesting, it's not good to walk into anything half hearted so you do need to answer the question do you want to play guitar? as it's going to take a cash outlay, time and committment to achieve, just my opinion but you shouldn't do something just because someone one else wants you to do it, you have to do it for you not to make them happy, trying to please other people is a no brainer better to do things because you want to, your friends should understand if you don't want to do it.

Learning to play guitar though is very rewarding as is learning to play music in general it's good trying to make music, if you walk into it with a positive attitude you'll do fine, they'll always be times when you have self doubt maybe that's what you're having now are you thinking twice about it because you think it might be too hard or is it just something you never really felt the urge to do. If you decide to do it I'm sure your friends will give you lots of support as they seem keen on having you in the band. Good luck with whatever you decide and have a great Birthday long time since I was 15 have fun:winkthumb:

Hehe, thank you. I will sit and think about everything once again :P

Jovan,

Good comments up there. I am gonna keep mine short.

Is there anyone you want to impress? If so, you may fail. Guitar playing is not the easiest thing to do and takes time. Yep looks easy when others do it. To some degree it is when your doing simple stuff.

The better the instrument, the easier it is to play. We could go a country mile on that subject alone.

Now the rest is a catch 22. You don't try it, you don't have a clue. You buy it, and you fail, well money down the drain. The key word here is (YOU) not your friends or others you want to impress.

So buy your self a cheap guitar or borrow one from your friend. Maybe one left behind because they have a fancy new rig and give it a shot. Cant beat that, because if it were good enough for them then , well you know.

Remember, with electric guitar comes cables, amps, big or small, fancy or not it has to come from somewhere.

I picked up guitar because of what artists and friends were doing at the time, but the guitar was for me not them.

Good luck with what ever you choose to do.:winkthumb:

G'day Jovan,

Welcome to the forum.

First let me back up what Eddie said. You have to find something that suits you. I mean you. No-one else.

Get your hands on a guitar and understand that it's a tricky instrument to play. Any guitar will do. Even an old beat-up guitar that no-one wants will still let you learn basics. But remember, learning can be fun. No. Learning should be fun. And there shouldn't be any pressure on you while you're learning.

Each guitar you get your hands on will feel a bit different and after a while you'll like some better than others. This has nothing to do with price, but everything to do with how it feels in your hands. If it feels better than the others, then it's possible it might be right for you. But don't rush the decision to spend money. Try as many as you can.

When you're sure you want to learn guitar you can buy one you like. There is nothing wrong with Ibanez. Thousands of guitarists love them. Just make sure you love it for all the right reasons before you buy it.

Keep coming to the forum and asking your questions. This is the friendliest site on the web and you'll always get help here. It's what we enjoy doing.

Good luck and keep in touch.

karcey,

Thank you for the backup on my thoughts. I see this young fella is in Serbia. Kinda makes it a little harder to try out a lot of guitars in any one spot like here I suppose. Jovan, Karcey is right you know. Guitars are a personal thing. They seem to have their own personality, fit, and sound. Seasoned players can make almost any guitar sound great. But that takes experience and time.

Jovan, I can't think of any reason guitar or music could possibly get boring. Its quite a creative piece of hardware as in any instrument you might want to try.

See if can try one out to see if its for you. Again, good luck, if you were here, I'd lend you one to fool around with. :winkthumb:

Thank you all for helping, I decided, I will buy Bucklay BE15 Guitar packet or Marshall GAP15MGP Rock-Kit Special (Nice packets for beginners). Not so expensive and I get everything I need for about 250 Euros. Again, thank you all for helping you! :)

That Bucklay BE15 sure looks like a nice guitar. Saw the picture of the black one.

Bucklay BE15

Like the shape and arm cutaway. Congrats.

Now as for the rest, that part is up to you. Most of all have fun.

Hi jovan and welcome. as Eddiez and starsailor have pointed out buying a guitar is your choice and playing guitar is a long road, but it is one of the most rewarding crafts. Try and get a good grasp of the basic,s like scales and chords and then things start to bloom. buying a guitar is totally down to your budget and choice, but judging by the type of music you want to play I would go for a Squire fatstrat, but it your choice my friend.

That Buckley looks great. Congrats on deciding to learn guitar, I think you will have something that will become part of your life for ever - maybe not with your first guitar forever, but the playing and making music - there's nothing quite like it, no matter how it sounds.

Hi again, Thanks for support :) Now only to decide Bucklay BE15 Guitar packet or Marshall GAP15MGP Rock-Kit Special, Rock-Kit costs more, but I think cause you get more stuff than Bucklay packet. So please tell me your opinion. (Sorry for being boring :P) Ps. What's the thing with Squire fatstrat, I searched on net but I didn't understand a thing.. :P Well It's some kind of guitar, what's the difference between normal eletric and Squire fatstrat one? Cya :)

Edit : And yeah Bucklay BE15 looks cool, hehe ^^

the difference between the strat and fat strat is the pickup config and some differences in the neck. the strat has 3 single pickups and the fat strat has two single and a humbucker at the bridge pickup location. the fat strat also has increased space between frets. i have a fat strat and i chose it because i felt that i had many more sound possibilities. both good choices

Hi again, Thanks for support :) Now only to decide Bucklay BE15 Guitar packet or Marshall GAP15MGP Rock-Kit Special, Rock-Kit costs more, but I think cause you get more stuff than Bucklay packet. So please tell me your opinion. (Sorry for being boring :P) Ps. What's the thing with Squire fatstrat, I searched on net but I didn't understand a thing.. :P Well It's some kind of guitar, what's the difference between normal eletric and Squire fatstrat one? Cya :)

Edit : And yeah Bucklay BE15 looks cool, hehe ^^

Lori has done the explaning about the fatstrat. lori also, like myself has the American built Fender fatstrat or HSS which has the S1 switch which gives another 5 pickup selections.

Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS Chrome Silver Maple

Just a further suggestion...the bands you cited as wanting to sound like have some pretty diverse sounds (and ways of getting them). I'd definitely try and get a guitar and a small modeling amplifier separately. This way, you will have a lot of diversity in the sounds you can get without spending a bunch of money on effects (trust me, you'll be less than happy with the sound of a guitar pack practice amp 99% of the time). Also, if you want to be in a casual band, a small modeling amplifier could work (mic'd especially) for beginning gigs. A 15 watt guitar pack amp? Probably not. Just my 2 cents.

Just a further suggestion...the bands you cited as wanting to sound like have some pretty diverse sounds (and ways of getting them). I'd definitely try and get a guitar and a small modeling amplifier separately. This way, you will have a lot of diversity in the sounds you can get without spending a bunch of money on effects (trust me, you'll be less than happy with the sound of a guitar pack practice amp 99% of the time). Also, if you want to be in a casual band, a small modeling amplifier could work (mic'd especially) for beginning gigs. A 15 watt guitar pack amp? Probably not. Just my 2 cents.

Hi, well I didn't think to add effects when I learn to play those songs, when I learn to play guitar* :P I wanted to take guitar, amp etc. separately but that would be about 500 euros and I wouldn't even notice difference between better and worse amp cause I am beginner. So I wanted to take pack until I learn to play guitar well. But I will use your advice later, thanks :)

Hey all, I bought my first guitar, and i will get amp in day or so. Guitar is very good, I had to make my packet, cause all good starter packets were sold .. so.. :P And I wanted to ask where can I get free (and where can I download) beginner's guitar guide, I have problems with chords, i can find packets only for those who know basics, chords etc, I know to play White stripes - 7 Nation army, It's great :) I am waiting for your answer

Now that you've got your guitar, your fingers will be getting sore. When you give them a rest from playing, have a look at all the lessons on this site. It will take a long time because there are many here. You'll soon find the information you need.

try some power chords, simple 2 string chords used in a lot of rock songs that basicly are just moving up and down the neck with your fingers in the same position. fairly easy to do and should be fun getting to hear yourself jam a little, the best inspiration is you!:punk: