nagukush

Regd Recording and Chord Theory

nagukush    0

Hi friends, I hope everyone's doing great:)

Kindly suggest me a Good software for recording on my PC. I currently use audacity, and would like to go-in for a better one.

I also wanted to learn chord-theory and therefore I request you to Kindly suggest me a book or anyother source so that I can develop a good theory knowledge.

Thanks and Lots of Regards & Care:)

Kush

Clancy    36

Adobe Audition is a good one Kush and is what Kirk uses to record. He's only learned the basics of it but it's a very extensive recording program and it's very user friendly too (I think anyway). It's in the mid-price range for these kind of programs, it's about US$350 (I think)... which might be more than you're looking at spending. In fact you'd probably be better spending that money on a guitar. :) but if you want a good recording program and are willing to spend that kind of money, then it's worth having a look at it. You can download a fully functioning 30 demo from here - http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp#product=92 and make up your own mind.... but be warned it's a big file. (around 500 MB)

Anyway, it's just an option you might want to look into Kush.

Clancy

Kirk Lorange    128

As for chord theory, you already have PlaneTalk. Believe it or not, there's not all that much to chord theory. It's all just numbers, really. Using them can be a life long study, but the theory is something you can learn quickly. But, there must be hundreds of books on the subject that go right into it ... I just don't know any titles. I'm sure someone will help though.

nagukush    0

Hi Clancy

Thank you so much for caring. I'll give it a try. Kindly can you tell me, whether it'll be too complicated to record on it? Do i have to read a lot to do basic recording on it. Cause I feel it'll be a professional software.

Thanks again for everything and Lots of Regards

Kush

Clancy    36

I think it's fairly user friendly Kush. I see they've just brought out a new version. I'm sure it's much better than the one we have. Download it and see for yourself whether it is too complicated. Some software is easy for some but not others.

Clancy

nagukush    0
As for chord theory, you already have PlaneTalk. Believe it or not, there's not all that much to chord theory. It's all just numbers, really. Using them can be a life long study, but the theory is something you can learn quickly. But, there must be hundreds of books on the subject that go right into it ... I just don't know any titles. I'm sure someone will help though.

Hello Sir

Thank you so much for caring. I really am Honored to get an anwer from you for my question, thank you so much, I feel so happy,Sir :)

Sir, Kindly dont mind me saying this, I do have Planetalk, but I dont know whether I'm Matured enough to use it, Maybe will it help, if I buy the DvD too? (Actually I was hoping to win the DVD in the contest;) ) Just kidding.:)

I really want to improvise Sir. Should I really learn Chord-Theory or should I play for a few more months and then save for the Planetalk DVD and then start improvisation.

Anyways Thank you so much for everything Sir.

Kind Regards and Lots of Care

Kush

nagukush    0
I think it's fairly user friendly Kush. I see they've just brought out a new version. I'm sure it's much better than the one we have. Download it and see for yourself whether it is too complicated. Some software is easy for some but not others.

Clancy

Thank you so much, Clancy. I'll have a look at the new version :)

Take Care.

Kindest Regards

Kush

allthumbs    8

You should be asking questions about chord theory at the P.T. forum. Kush. Lots of people over there ready to help you. Using P.T. to learn chord theory is one of the fastest easiest ways to do it.

nagukush    0
You should be asking questions about chord theory at the P.T. forum. Kush. Lots of people over there ready to help you. Using P.T. to learn chord theory is one of the fastest easiest ways to do it.

OOPS:oops: !!!

I'm so sorry Marty !!! That would have been really better, I'll do it. Thanks for caring:)

Kindest Regds

Kush

nagukush    0
hi Kush

www.marktiarra.com/music give that a try, he just posted his web site on the forum and i went to it, has a lot of theory stuff on it, maybe between his lessons and the P T forum u can learn what u want to know

chuck

Hey Chuck !:)

How're you doin Buddy? Hope everything's great there:)

I'm looking in to the Link, you've give. Thank you so much for all the care.

Kindest Regds

Kush