knight46

Knight46's Set Up

knight46    2

What type of guitar - Yamaha FG720 acoustic, Squier 51 electric and a Fullerton Strat Copy.

Playing Style - fingers style

Settings on Electrics - No special settings

What Microphones -

what type - AT 2020 and AT2021 condenser mics and a couple of cheep dynamic.

Using a Sterling PHP1 for Phantom Power

(instrument and vocal) - Right now trying to learn how to use the condenser mics

What Soundcard or PCI Interface - TonePort UX1 and GearBox Software

I have a Fender Frontman 15 and a MicroCube for amps and use the GearBox for other modeling.

My linkage when recording Electrics: Guitar to TonePort, TonePort to PC via USB, TonePort to either headset or to one of the amps.

When using the Condenser mics for vocals or the acoustic, I have the mic into the Sterling PHP1, PHP1 into TonePort, TonePort to PC.

What DAW - Reaper

Making the Recording - To new to this to offer much, I do use the FX that come with Reaper.

That is pretty much it, plain and simple.

knight46    2

Thanks Eddie, I have no excuses now.

Kenny I like both the 2020 and the 2021, got them together in a package for about $150. Still trying to find the sweet spot for my acoustic, but you are right I am behind.

starsailor    20

Nice set up Knight, those mics look a reasonable price, checked out the MXLs but it's Musicians Friend, the UK prices are dearer, I'll have to look around for them and the Audio Technicas, looking for another Condenser Mic, mine does ok for what it is (very cheap) but could do with another condenser.

Agree post us a tune love to hear you soon, that would be great, hope you and yours are well Knight.

Best Wishes

Chris

carol m    64

Excellent set up and explanation Knight. I read someone yesterday was using your Tone port and Gearbox software.

I thought you were going to sing something - did I miss it or are you tuning up the vocal chords?

Kenny did you ever read that thread that Doug did a few months back where he demo-d a whole bunch of mics? There was a couple of ATs in it I think.

knight46    2

Thanks Chris, I really like the AT series, good quality a low price.:winkthumb:

Carol you haven't missed anything. Unfortunately life has gotten in the way of artistic endeavors. When I do post don't say I didn't warn you though :yes:

Thanks Knight for the link, Bought those Mxl's today.

Yes Carol, I seen Doug's Mic test thread, thats what helped me decide that I didn't need to invest the farm to ensure decent quality{Thanks Doug!}...especially with my lack of talent