D-Dawn

Great Deal-Mics

D-Dawn    0

I got this set up last year for $99..a little higher now, but a heck of a lot better than buying them seperately! :winkthumb: If you're just starting out with recording, it works and its pretty easy to set up..just don't forget to buy the mic cables!! :brickwall:

Buy M-Audio MXL 990/991 Recording Mic Duo and M-Audio AudioBuddy Package | Condenser Microphones | Musician's Friend

Stratrat    0

Yep, that is a good deal. I bought the 990 by itself, and wish I had bought the 990/991 package instead. It would be nice to have both of them, as each has its purpose.

Thanks folks, hearing your recommendations was the final push I needed, bought the pair today at GC $99.99u.s. without the preamp{already have 2}. Must say after a quick test take, what a difference over my dynamic mic's. I have a pop filter but didn't even think about a shock-mount...so back again to GC tomorrow, and again forcing tunnel vision upon myself so as to not accidently{lol} pick up more than I need{thats defintely a willpower challenge :whip: }.

note: added a picture here...

at{post #12}....so thanks again, this site is the cat's meow for info!

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum/whats-your-setup/22895-my-connections/#post233361

D-Dawn    0

Hey cool! I'm glad you got set up with them. I think I'll head out and get another mic cable tomorrow so I can utilize both of them together :)

Thanks for the thread D-Dawn, I'm really happy with them so far ;) though when I tried using both at once, they made me sound twice as bad :brickwall: .... :laughingg:

I tell you though, it's like hearing another person, theres so much difference between the two types{condenser vs dynamic}.