nocat

Nice...!!!

Cool job of placing the original post at the top of every consequent page...!!!

Very helpful to those of us who are memory challenged...!!! :thumbup1:

It's nice to see that such care and thought is put into this forum, I really appreciate that...!!! :rockon:

It's nice to see that such care and thought is put into this forum, I really appreciate that...!!! :rockon:

Thanks nocat. I wondered if anybody would notice that I'd implemented that. So far I have just put it on the recording booth forum (as that seemed to be the one that needed it the most) - I found it annoying to have to go back to page one to listen to the song everyone was talking about in the thread.

I am thinking of putting it on all forums as I think it's a good idea and tends to keep the thread more on topic, but I'm curious to hear what the members here think before I go ahead with it.

So what do you think? Put the first post at the top of each page in each thread in every forum or not?

Clancy

Yeah, I thought I was imagining things as I noticed it on some threads and not others. I think it's a good idea.

Also, on the main forum page at the bottom the active members list seems to have changed. It used to appear in alphabetical order until a couple of days ago, now it appears to be random. Have I mistakenly adjusted one of my settings, or has a change been made? Not really a big deal, but I preferred it the old way.

Also, on the main forum page at the bottom the active members list seems to have changed. It used to appear in alphabetical order until a couple of days ago, now it appears to be random. Have I mistakenly adjusted one of my settings, or has a change been made? Not really a big deal, but I preferred it the old way.

I noticed that too, but wondered if it was a change related to the map markers on Members Locations.

I also halucinate sometimes.

Anyone in particular, nocat?:huh:

I changed it to random when I was trying to work out why the forum was running so slowly. Sorting them randomly requires less resources than the alphabetical option, so that was one of the things I changed... I've changed it back now as it really didn't seem to make much difference and it's kind of hard to see who is online when it's not alphabetical.

I also removed the "members online in the last 24 hours" - as this was slowing things down quite a bit (the loading of the forum home page) - but I will put that back on soon, but have it linked from the home page and have the users listed on a separate page, unless everyone prefers to see it here on the forum home, and in that case I'll just put it back on here. Let me know what you think if you have any preference that is... :)

Thanks for the feedback. It helps.

Clancy

I also removed the "members online in the last 24 hours" - as this was slowing things down quite a bit (the loading of the forum home page) - but I will put that back on soon, but have it linked from the home page and have the users listed on a separate page, unless everyone prefers to see it here on the forum home, and in that case I'll just put it back on here. Let me know what you think if you have any preference that is... :)

Thanks for the feedback. It helps.

Clancy

I think a seperate page would be perfectly ok.

Geoff :)

That would be me ...... It really confused me initially but once the penny dropped I thought it was a good idea too. :thumbup1:

John

I think I might try and make the first post look slightly different, so that when it is shown on each page it will stand out from the replies. Maybe that will make things a little less confusing.

Clancy

Ok, I've added another blue bar under the first post on each page in the recording booth forum - does that separate the first post enough from the replies to make it a bit less confusing or does it need more of a separation?

Clancy

Ok, I've added another blue bar under the first post on each page in the recording booth forum - does that separate the first post enough from the replies to make it a bit less confusing or does it need more of a separation?

Clancy

That's great Clancy, even I can understand that :)

Have a nice day.

Geoff

That makes sense to me too. Would there be any way to adjust the Post Quick Reply/Submit Reply buttons so that when they are clicked they grey-out (hope you know what I mean by this). That way the button provides feedback to the user that it has definitely been clicked and also prevents people clicking on it multiple times, hopefully reducing double posts into the bargain.

Would there be any way to adjust the Post Quick Reply/Submit Reply buttons so that when they are clicked they grey-out (hope you know what I mean by this). That way the button provides feedback to the user that it has definitely been clicked and also prevents people clicking on it multiple times, hopefully reducing double posts into the bargain.

Hmm, I'm sure there's a way to do it, but I'm just not sure to look for that. It's probably just a bit of javascript code added into the form... do you know of a site that uses this that I could have a look at?

Cheers

Clancy

I remember doing something like this a few years ago in C++ which can have similarities to Javascript. I'll break out those dusty text books and have a look.

I remember doing something like this a few years ago in C++ which can have similarities to Javascript. I'll break out those dusty text books and have a look.

That'd be great Simon. Let me know if you find something we can use.

Clancy