solidwalnut

A great book on mixing

solidwalnut    5

Hi guys. I just thought I'd share a book title from my library. It's the most excellent book I've read on mixing, and it happens to be written by an old friend of Kirk's who is one of Australia's leading mixers: Mike Stavrou.

The book is called Mixing With Your Mind. It's very unique. There are a ton of good books out there with great knob twisting advice, but there are zero out there (except Stav's) that talk about psychoacoustics. Another title for this could be: This is Your Brain on Music (although that's already been taken). Great advice for capturing and mixing sound. Real important concepts.

Steve

Doug    12

Steve - thanks very much. I'll be looking for it.

By the way, welcome back - haven't seen you around lately.

Kirk Lorange    128

Hi, Steve. Yes, Stav has his own way of putting things, doesn't he? He's a true eccentric and I have fond memories of our time in the studio putting No Apostrophe together.

He is in fact American, comes form Virginia, but spent a lot of time in the famous AIR Studios in London and also Montserrat Studios in the Caribbean. He arrived in Australia in about '82.

I found some old 35mm slides taken by a friend of mine in the studio, here are a couple of Stav and me and singer Wendy Matthews. The last one is of Mike and the second engineer whose name I forget ... it was 25 years ago!

7830.attach

7831.attach

7832.attach

7833.attach

solidwalnut    5
Hi, Steve. Yes, Stav has his own way of putting things, doesn't he? He's a true eccentric and I have fond memories of our time in the studio putting No Apostrophe together.

He is in fact American, comes form Virginia, but spent a lot of time in the famous AIR Studios in London and also Montserrat Studios in the Caribbean. He arrived in Australia in about '82.

I found some old 35mm slides taken by a friend of mine in the studio, here are a couple of Stav and me and singer Wendy Matthews. The last one is of Mike and the second engineer whose name I forget ... it was 25 years ago!

Thanks for adding some memories, Kirk! Yes, Stav is very unique for sure.