Nutty

Panic...trying to burn CD

Nutty    1

I'm trying to burn the CD of my songs for my family...we are leaving early in the morning.

So, I got the file back from the guy who mastered the files for me. It was 1 big wav file, containing 10 songs. I burned a copy with Deep Burner and it came out as 1 file, so you can't advance it or go back to another track. So, I split the wav file using my DAW (Sonar 8)...For some reason 6 of the 10 songs the ending has been cut off. It's looks fine and plays fine in my DAW. The guy thought that the burning software would recogninze the space between the songs as a new track.

Are you aware of any software (preferably free) that will do this? Or do you have any idea why it is doing this ...other than to test my nerves....stress is not good for me!

Thanks.

Annette

Hi Annette, not sure if this will pertain to your case, But I've had a similar issue and found by using the zoom option in my editing app{Audition} I could see that I was cutting my tracks in the middle of the fade out. By zooming in as much as need be then using the "generate silence" option{not sure if your editor calls it the same} I added an additional 2 seconds between tracks and then everything went well in the divide during burning session.

Another option you might try is to split the track after a song, drag{move} it to another track, and select it and use 'save as' and see if it comes out OK, be a long way around doing it for each tune, but may work for the time being. Hope that gives you something to play with until more advanced help comes along.

Nutty    1

Thanks Kenny,

I ended up doing the whole file again..splitting and moving the song to a new track. Eventually the all worked, but 3 of 4 of them had a minute of silence at the end of it. Grr...

Luckily, the guy sent me the original tracks separated. So. I'm downloading now and hopefully getting one copy burned, then copy the rest at my brothers.

Thanks for your help.

Annette