punkrawkgrrl

Kristal Problem

So I got a Behringer iAXE393 for Christmas. It came with the recording program Kristal. And naturally I'm all New Guitar!:claping: New Guitar so I just wanted to take it home, plug it in, and PLAY IT.

The only problem is... I get no audio out of Kristal. everything else is working fine.

Anyone with any help or experience in this situation would be awesome.

thanks

'Tekker' our resident guru of sorts has a ton of helpful threads pertaining to almost any aspect of recording situations...

here... http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum/tekkers-lessons/13004-lesson-index-start-here/

This one is one I would probably start with in your case

here... http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum/tekkers-lessons/5866-windows-sound-mixer/

Tekker    1

Welcome to the forum punkrawkgrrl! :yeahhh:

Unfortunately Kristal Audio won't let you hear your guitar and record at the same time, you have to record your guitar and then press play in order to be able to hear it. This is one of the draw backs to Kristal.

I highly recommend checking out a program called Reaper, it costs $50, which is VERY cheap for what this program does. There is also a fully functional demo version that won't expire. So you can try it out for a while before you buy it. :)

I made an in depth tutorial on getting started with Reaper (with pictures).

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum/tekkers-lessons/19897-computer-recording-software-getting-started/

-tkr

I know Tekker is like, alot better than me, however, I have to say, I CAN hear my guitar whilst I record?

I use BEHRINGER INPUT1 (asio) and then push connect, and click the speaker sign next to the record button in the waver, then I can hear it....

Since everyone else cant hear it, perhaps I can assume that this is related to the fact that I use Vista?

if you are having problems, do what I did, go to Tekkers lessons, follow step by step, and just try clicking the monitor button ( will do screen shots if you need) and make sure you have the volume up lol (i had mine down on my guitar on saturday, could have punched myself half hour later!!)

:)

Tekker    1
I know Tekker is like, alot better than me, however, I have to say, I CAN hear my guitar whilst I record?

Yep, you are right. I just got it working also. It's been a long time since I've used Kristal, but from what I recall think I was trying to use the LiveIn mode before, which didn't work.

I thought I had tried it from the Waver view, but maybe not... I can't remember what all I tried in Kristal now, but this way does indeed work.

Good catch! :thumbup1:

-tkr