himel

How should i increase my knowlede, and the idea and interest in music?

i have started learning guitar 5 years before.recently i have started to take vocal lesson from a teacher. all these for increasing my knowledge about music. i think i should make my own song and sing it. thats the only way to improve ones music skill. Should any one think i should stop playing guitar alone in the room and start learning from other students of music( like guitar section)? anybody give me any suitable hint to get out of this circle.

Hello Himel, I'm guessing you're younger than me, can't give you a lot of advice, but if you think you're going round in a circle at the moment and you think it is partly due to playing guitar alone I think it would do you a lot of good to start learning with other Students, it has several benefit's you can play together enjoy their company, swap ideas with each other and maybe work on tunes together, if you're learning with others you learn things from each other it's easier to move forward with guitar if you have the support from other guitar players, it will also give you an opportunity to work on songs too, there are always setbacks when learning guitar as there are with most things we learn I often get stuck myself, I think getting out and mixing with other guitar students will take you out of the circle and help you grow as a musician, I wish you well and hope this helps a little bit:winkthumb:

One of the quickest ways to advance is by playing along with others.

Their success in playing will allow you to pickup the things that you miss when your alone. It gets you out of the repetition of your own work or study which may keep you at a standstill for some time.

Example: Playing the same thing over and over without exploring more possibilities available to you. We learn more form each other always.

Absolutely agree. If you've got the chance, play with others. Not only can it be great fun, but you will improve in every way.

I would be doing it if I had the chance. People also give you feedback on your playing. As the others have said, you swap licks. If you like rock or blues or something and can get together with a drummer and bassist (you said you sing so guitar and singing would be you), I promise you it'll be a great time.

I also agree with all of the above.The best way to improve is playing with others.Chase this possibility if you can,I know I would :) ...However if this is not an option you can always play along songs that you like.At first learn the song and then try to keep up with your favourite artist as he played the song.Besides that you can always get backing tracks that our members post frequently and try to add your own version on top and then post them here.There will always be someone here listening to what you play and willing to give you valuable advice...The best of luck himel!

All the best,

Theo

If you can get satellite/cable radio on your TV you might be able to play along with songs you know. This gives a lot of new chord progressions to your repertoire.

It's also a challenge to figure out the key and chords. I 'noodle' the first part of the song until I can figure that out. I do it to country but I think old rock would be also a good experience.

If you can get satellite/cable radio on your TV you might be able to play along with songs you know. This gives a lot of new chord progressions to your repertoire.

It's also a challenge to figure out the key and chords. I 'noodle' the first part of the song until I can figure that out. I do it to country but I think old rock would be also a good experience.

Me too! That's why I chose my screen name. :smilinguitar: