starsailor

Guitar Review sub forum?

starsailor    20

I was just wondering if anyone thinks it would be worth having a guitar review sub forum, I know reviews are subjective but a lot of members here ask questions about guitars to buy would it work to have Members reviews, I think I'd buy a guitar with confidence if it got the thumbs up here, any thoughts on the subject, If we have something and I've missed it or if it's been suggested before no worries, just floating an idea:winkthumb:

Cheers

Chris

Clancy    36

Thanks Chris.

It won't be a subforum, but it'll be fully integrated into the forum. Reviews left will be linked from profile etc. It'll all be tied into a comparison store.

Clancy

starsailor    20

That's a great idea Clancy, I was thinking about it today (I'm laid up for a bit so I'm either on the forum, playing guitar or thinking too much)

wouldn't put a review on myself maybe when I've got more experience but I'd feel more confident walking into a store or buying online if I knew the Members here thought a guitar was good. or if a guitar was bad, make life a bit easier. with your set up the information will be right there for us which will be perfect.

All The Best

Chris

thodwris    1

That is a very good idea Chris!!So thoughtfull of Clancy to have this already on the way.I think it will be fantastic for the forum to have reviews and it will prove very helpful for old and new members to make their best choice for a guitar!Thank you Clancy for this and also Chris who suggested it!...Be always well...

All the best,

Theo

starsailor    20

Thanks for your kind comments Theo, Clancy was way ahead of me on this one, +1 to your comment, thankyou Clancy for all the hard work that's gone into getting something started, and for all the work Yourself, Kirk and the Moderators do to keep the site running smoothly, best wishes to you too Theo:winkthumb:

Cheers

Chris

joshimax    0

Really looking forward to this feature guys. I'm in the process of writing a review of my own equipment (Was hoping that a shop would lend me all sorts of guitars and things but not yet!!! *surprise surprise*) and was just going to post them on my blog.

Be awesome to have them here instead!

eddiez152    129

Great idea Chris, I think that with so many members there would be a vast amount of different instruments to talk about. The pro's and con's, likes and dislikes of what many already own.

It may help many in making future choices as well.

joshimax    0

Good point eddie, we do get quite a few 'what should i get?' type threads in the forum. This could be a great tool for the members of the site who reply a lot to point the newer members to some options.