What on earth happened...?!? Did the site crash...? It was running super slow, and then

Pooffff... Gone...!!!

Was it just me..???

Today has been a very busy day for the site, in fact it registered its highest number of active users. However I've seen it almost as busy before and it still ran at a decent speed. For some reason it can occassionally run slowly in the late afternoon/early evening UK time. Don't know why.

We just got back to speed. I went to the P.T. forum and it was gone for a couple of seconds and then came back running as fast as usual. Came back here to find the same here. Gotta be a server issue.

hmm, I don't know. I was sleeping. :unsure:

I did get emailed a bunch of database errors and a mysql server shutdown around 3.20am my time, so I'll have to look into why that happened.

The site was busy, but it's been almost as busy before and everything has run ok.

I'll do some tweaking. Let me know if it's slowing down again for anyone. It's often slow down here in Australia and running ok elsewhere.

The PlaneTalk forum is on the same server, so if this is running slowly and having problems, chances are that that forum is too.

Sorry guys :(

Cheers

Clancy

I'm still having problems... Not so much accessing the site as surfing between forums.

Some times it takes up to 5 minutes to open a thread...!!!

Is anyone else experiencing this...???

Sorry for the bother Clancy.

I'm still having problems... Not so much accessing the site as surfing between forums.

Some times it takes up to 5 minutes to open a thread...!!!

Is anyone else experiencing this...???

Sorry for the bother Clancy.

Hmm, I don't know why that would be nocat. I'll look into it further today. PickNGrin wrote telling me he is having problems and it is super slow for him too.

It's running ok for me, but I'll see if I can't optimize things.

Let me know again if it's slow. Unfortunately when we have been having problems the last few days, it's been when I've been sleeping so it's been hard to pin down the problem.

Cheers

Clancy

Clancy

I seems to have settled down and it's running ok now... I tried logging in from my friends

pc this afternoon and it was flying... No hesitation at all, so it could be an odd setting

in my browser... But if Pick is having problems too, then... Hmmm... I'm confused...!!!!

In a related matter. When I was at my friends pc, I created a test account and logged

in under it. Obviously this is redundant and unnecessary, so if you come across it you

can delete it... The user name is "elixir".

Again Clancy, thanks and sorry for the bother..!!

Funny, it seems to be slow for me today :rolleyes:

I am trying to tweak some settings and remove some overhead by taking off some features that I had enabled that probably aren't used all that often. Does anybody use the related searches function? It shows up under posts and shows related threads. I'll keep it if anyone uses it, but if not I'll disable that too.

We think that PickNGrin's problem may have been related to his avatar and the fact it was remotely linked and the site it was linked from being down. It's a stab in the dark, but....

...and nocat, you're not bothering me. I like to know when the forum isn't up to speed, that way I can look into it and hopefully do something about it. I'm sure some members wouldn't bother mentioning it, but it's something I'd always like to hear about if it's happening.

Clancy

It just started dragging while I was trying to post Clancy, It seems to come and go.

Well that's not good news. I tweaked quite a few settings yesterday and I thought it was running faster... I'm running out of ideas now.

Do you have a remotely linked avatar allthumbs?

Clancy

Nope.I uploaded my avatar.

Hmm, ok. Well there goes THAT theory. So it's slow on posting right? Or is it also slow to browse?

Clancy

It only gets slow to post every now and then. It is fine right now.

Post, so do you mean it hangs when you click on reply, or does it hang after you've written your post and click on submit?

Just want to get it clear where it's hanging.

Clancy

Its a plot by those who picked dates after the 17 of march so that I wouldn't win the 10,000 member/plane talk contest :(

Well if you go to some of those other guitar forums in the next few hours and leave some links to this forum around here and there (aka spamming).... you may just still get there 6string. :D

Clancy

It hangs after I have written my reply.

Ok, I was hoping you weren't going to say that though. :(

Anyone else experiencing this? (apart from PickNGrin and allthumbs).

Clancy

That's right 6. We have a plan. Next we're gonna steal your morning paper and let the air out of your tires. "There can be only one". LOL

I'm not paranoid but everybody is trying to make it look like I am