Chelle E.

A Bad Recording Day

Chelle E.    1

I'd done a take and was playing thru the song again and the mic which was on a boom fell out of the boom and dropped onto my guitar putting 2 holes in it (beside the pickguard).

The sound (through the headphones) was earthshaking. I just feel bad that my guitar got hurt.

Guess you could call it a bad recording day.

starsailor    20

Sorry to hear about that Chelle, how big are the holes should be repairable depends on the severity might be a job for a Luthier or you might be able to do it yourself, don't like seeing these things happen I always worry about my guitars, family are afraid to touch them.

Chelle E.    1

Thanks X4S and Starsailor,

I checked this morning and a one inch crack appeared. Guess I just gotta let this one ride.

I'm just thankful it wasn't my Dove! I would have cried. But thanks, you're all such good people here

Nutty    1

I feel for you Chelle.

My favourite guitar (Simon and Patrick) was knocked over and dinged at a Youth Choir 30th anniversary. It was pretty new then and I was very close to crying about it. I'm not sure there is anything they could do to fix it. It is a sunburst design.

Hope you find a suitable solution.

Annette

SlickCat    1

Ouch, so sorry to hear that. :(

Its hard for guitars that get used a lot not to end up with battle scars. I remember setting my Tele flat on a chair, I put my heavy Brass slide on the desk......it rolled off right onto the Tele and put a huge nick in the finish. (not as bad as your hole, but it still hurt.)

Chelle E.    1

Bob,

Ouch, poor Tele. Yeah they all get wounded no matter what. Sorry to hear about your Tele. Darn slide, lol.

It was my fault on mine though, I didn't set up the mic, someone else did and left off the sock and didn't tape it to the boom etc., I should have done that. It was a lesson.

karcey    42

Hearing these stories makes us more aware of how fragile our loved instruments really are. I look at mine now and shudder at the thought of what could happen. Chelle and Nutty I feel for you. And SlickCat, even if it was small, it would've hurt too. I wish you all a speedy recovery, whatever it takes.

thodwris    1

I am really sorry to hear about that Chelle E. .I had the same problem some time ago with a Fender acoustic.It really hurt to see what happened and I bet that's what you are going through now.I hope you find the best store to fix that,the best of luck with that...

All the best,

Theo