micklen    0

Not sure if this is in the right place

But how do you go about writing tabs of your own interpretation of melodies

Are there programmes

Is it just a question of writing out each note

How's it done

Mick

nowhere-man    0
I did a little research and found this program... It looks like it would do the job...!!!

The alternative, I guess, would be to draw and write every thing out by hand...

http://www.musedit.com/

I use GuitarPro for reading and playing tabs, but it seems to have all the tools for creating them too. I haven't gone into that side of it yet.

http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php

Clancy    36

micklen,

Kirk uses GuitarPro to make the TAB for the lessons here and he also attaches a GuitarPro file to most of those lessons. It's a great little program and pretty inexpensive considering what it can do. You can read about it and download the demo from here - http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php

Cheers

Clancy

Bob Wolford    0

I use TablEdit. If you want to do it right, you need to write out each note of your arrangement. For repetive sections you can copy and paste, but you still have to tweak to get it just right.You can take midi files and other tab formates and convert them to TablEdit, but you still have to edit each measure to work for you. I have yet to find a program that will take wave files and vconvert them to tab. That's my personal take on the subject. IMHO

Bob

http://bobwolford.com/

micklen    0

I have got Guitar Pro and have had a bit of a play with it

I have discovered what I need

A bit more knowledge ;)

It'a ALMOST foolproof but you need to mebbe know a bit more about music than I do at the moment

I may be able to get a tab out of it though :online2lo

I will have a look at the other recommendations when I get a chance

Thanks

Mick

powe6563    0

So does anyone know of a way to get the licks you record on your computer to import into tabedit or any other tab writing programs? Tabedit has an import midi option but I record using audacity and it wont let me record or save to a midi format. Any Ideas?

Bob Wolford    0

unless you have a midi guitar, there is no way to record to midi that I know of. Even midi guitars have to be tweaked quite a bit for the tab to look good. Midi Keyboards are about the only decent way to go from actual playing to a midi formate.

I would love to have someone tell me I'm wrong, because I would

jump right on such a program !!

Bob Wolford    0

Wave files are actual sound, like you get from an old lp record. Mp3 files are a close second to actual sound files. For this discussion wave and mp3's are actual sound. On the other hand midi files are a series of computer commands that give an impression of music but are not music at all. Midi commands tell you what instument to sound like, what pitch to make, the duration of the pitch, the volume of the pitch, the speed of the pitch, etc. When all of these commands are put together they give use something that sounds like music.

Actual sound and midi arn't even like apples and oranges because those are both fruits. They are more like apples and baseballs.

Bob Wolford    0

While sitting in front of your computer, with your guitar in hand, try slowing the tab down, tapping your foot as you play slowly and experiment with the TablEdit program. Does the strum or note fall on the beat or before the beat, etc?

I have found that as you use the program you not only get better at it, but you learn a lot about music notation without even trying.