Clancy

We were hacked!

If you happened to be trying to access guitarforbeginners.com (either the forum here or the main site) you would have noticed that the gaming site wowgolddeals . com had hijacked our site.

Thanks to Eddiez for alerting us to what had happened.

We don't know any details yet, but we will be looking into it.

Clancy

Yeap.. I was a bit like *awww man... the one time I really need the site to be up, and it gets hacked... just my luck*

time to employee a group of hackers to get em back yeah :D?

Pleased you got it sorted Clancy , for someone who has no idea of these things what do you think would be the motive for such an attack ?

Pleased you got it sorted Clancy , for someone who has no idea of these things what do you think would be the motive for such an attack ?

They probably wanted our traffic Matt... but who knows.

Clancy

doubt it clancy... alot of the time its because you have low security and they simply can... throwing the other web server I wouldnt call much of a hack....

(this is from someone who used to do it for fun at high school...) They probbaly did it for fun... my suggestion is to talk to your host provider about such an attack yada yada.

Well, whether they did it for fun or whatever reason, they took our traffic.

Hopefully you're putting your time into more creative things now Cosmo. :)

Clancy

Well, whether they did it for fun or whatever reason, they took our traffic.

Hopefully you're putting your time into more creative things now Cosmo. :)

Clancy

Well, I know I am.... But im 5 years the wiser.... well maybe a few less, but was never this annoying! (not international standards anyway!)

but mainly im glad it was fixed so quickly :)

I guess I missed it, when I tried to get on the site all I got was some

error, no redirect to anywhere.

Anyway glad its back to normal.

RB,

You were snuggled in the sheets. Yep I was there, just about the time I was finishing one of Kirks lesson videos and just about the time I had it perfect, BAM there it went. :crying2:

Clancy,

That was impressive recovery work. Thank you for getting things back on line.:yes:

Shucks folks, I didn't much except catch it right away. And sent the info to Kirk and Clancy.

It is amazing though how quickly she was able to restore everything.

I would not even know where to start.

Well,that's why an expert is needed for this kind of things Edward :winkthumb: .And I think that Clancy has shown her amazing abilities.You also did a great job.If it wasn't for you pointing out the problem right away and Clancy fixing it on the spot we could be in a lot of trouble!!Thanks again,this forum is really important to me and I guess for all the other boys and girls that make part of it also...

All the best,

Theo

I guess you know you've made it to the bigtime when somebody hacks your website to steal your traffic. Maybe if they offered something beneficial they wouldnt have to hijack someone elses hard work. Glad it all was fixable though.

Actually I just notified our hosts. They fixed the problem. Can't take credit that's not due to me. :)

Clancy

Gee Clancy talk about bust the bubble, I for one had visions of you tapping away at your keyboard creating code to regain the forum away from clutches of the evil hackers.