What do you think of them?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you think of them?

• Yes its awesome!
    • Eww no it's trashy
    • Abit on the hippy side
    • Each to their own...

cush66    0
You have guns lying around in your house? You in the army or something?

Here's my case now after removing and adding and moving around afew stickers.

I think a large sticker would look nice in that blank spot in the middle. Thats not my house but a work area at my work place. I service and inspect all the guns for the Department of Public Safety as one of my tasks. I do have guns laying around my house but my kids are grown and they were taught well....I think :-) Im not in the Army, but I did retire from the Army and I also retired from the Honolulu Police Department. Im not that ancient by the way, only 55 hahhah.

JessThrasher    10

THe large blank spot is reserved for a special sticker I'm recieving in the mail from a friend at the Vancouver Humane Society.

And I see you have more than just guitar brand stickers. You have gun brand stickers!! Well how do I know guns so well? I play first person shooting games thats how!

cush66    0

Funny thing about Hawaii. You can (obviously) get all kinds of Surf or Ocean reated stickers but the music stickers are hard to come by unless you luck out and and get one with a large purchase. I dont see them on cars, amps or guitar cases so where they go is beyond me. I guess I just have to start asking more people at the music stores. Make sure to post a pic when you get that large sticker on.

cush66    0
I definately will!

Do you also go gun shooting on your spare time? ( not hunting, target shooting)

I rarely shoot during my spare time. I do shoot a lot for work since I teach Adult Corrections Officer Recruits and Deputy Sheriff recruits, etc etc. I also have to test fire a lot of guns that I repair. I used to do a lot of competition shooting (Handgun and Air pistol) but I have slowed down since most matches that I enjoy have stopped for various reasons. Last time i went hunting I was 14 years old. Havent been since. During my spare time I surf the net hehheh and I work on various projects on my metal lathe or ones that require lots of metal filing by hand. I also dabble a little in making traditional Ukuleles and of course play my guitar. When I have to take vacation (I always have excess vacation hours) I go to Vegas...yee haw. I also travel a lot for my job because I am required to have so many certifications so those trips to schools are like play time for me.

Here are a few shooting medals

DSC06895a-vi.jpg

JessThrasher    10

I would love to do metalworking someday but I had to even give up woodworking at school . I love both, but because of my problem with migrane headaches, I had to stop. Do i have to stick to woodcarving (almost noiseless)?

I was even going to put a woodworking related sticker onto my guitar case where htat blank spot is, but instead I"m putting a different one there.

cush66    0

If you use lathes then wood makes more noise. If just hand working than you are correct, wood is quieter to work on. My son has migranes but he works around it. He never did find out what causes it. I think you should make your own electric guitar..you know a long term project. Wood is also cleaner and easier to clean up after. Dont forget to wear a respirator mask when sanding or grinding.

JessThrasher    10
If you use lathes then wood makes more noise. If just hand working than you are correct, wood is quieter to work on. My son has migranes but he works around it. He never did find out what causes it. I think you should make your own electric guitar..you know a long term project. Wood is also cleaner and easier to clean up after. Dont forget to wear a respirator mask when sanding or grinding.

I don't think I'm quite ready for that project. I have to learn how to set up one first!!! I have no one to learn with how to do that and my friend who's good at it (amateur though) won't teach me. I"ve tried and failed many times to do my own setup only to have myself running to the store to get fixed what I messed up.

No not lathe woodworking, hand carving I mean to avoid the headaches.

cush66    0
I don't think I'm quite ready for that project. I have to learn how to set up one first!!! I have no one to learn with how to do that and my friend who's good at it (amateur though) won't teach me. I"ve tried and failed many times to do my own setup only to have myself running to the store to get fixed what I messed up.

No not lathe woodworking, hand carving I mean to avoid the headaches.

Im guessing your guitars have a Floyd Rose type bridge/trem and possibly a locking nut. My el cheapo free Yamaha has that system. It was all rusty so being overconfident I took it completly apart without studying it first. Bottom line, I paid a luthier 70 bucks to put it back together hehheh. I understand the fail part :-)

Brucehum    0

Much less... I have only 10.

Vinyl thing: the black look of most cases, here in Spain, they call it 'vinyl finish', because it sorts of reminds of a classic vinyl records. It is not a really flat surface, and I'm surely doing something wrong, as the corners of the stickers come up. Or maybe it is because they came from a rock magazine, and they are not that good quality.

The previous owner of my bass had some stickers on the case and removed them, and you can sort of see where they where. He did not remove his record company sticker, as that would have been the worst case.

JessThrasher    10

My sticker plastered case as you've seen posted here, I bought it used at a music store. THey were selling ALL used cases for $30 and I got a $100 or more case for $30. I dunno if It was an SKB case because it had no brand on it. The big Jackson sticker in the corner was there before I got the case even, I dunno why the guy who had the case peeled all the stickers but that one. But I don't mind that sticker infact I like it, so I decided to leave it.

By the way I just counted I have 12 band stickers on my case. but SOON TOBE MORE!

TINY 91    0

On my race cars back in the day, 'cause they helped pay the bills. I'd be very, very selective about which, if any, went on my guitar or case.