What do you think of them?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you think of them?

• Yes its awesome!
    • Eww no it's trashy
    • Abit on the hippy side
    • Each to their own...

JessThrasher    10

Ok, please be honest about this question. Who loves and who hates seeing stickers on a guitar case ?

Personally, the front of my newest guitar case is plastered with various stickers. From political statements, band logos, music gear brands, LOTS of PETA promotional stuff, as well as afew random ones. I've seen cases that look good with stickers and some that just don't suit it. Sometimes it just rminds me of this car: Image:Bumper-sticker-car.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

starsailor    20

I thought the car was a bit OTT, stickers sort of reflect your personality the guy that did the car must be indecisive, I think stickers are cool seeing old cases with stickers from a few decades do have a certain historical value and bring back memories so stickers are cool as long as it's done in the best possible taste.

DerekSlide    0

What about stickers on the guitar case it self?

I think that would be more suitable then on the guitar. Plus stickers on the guitar looks trashy as heck and it makes some one looks like a hill billy.

karcey    42

Once upon a time airports and freight handlers used to put stickers on luggage. Lots of stickers meant lots of travel, sort of a status thing. These days stickers usually mean the case is falling apart and the stickers are the only thing holding it together. Hardly an inspiring look. I think my case will stay unstickered.

GotDeeBlues    3

They're OK on a case..to a point. I can see some social issue support for something you care about( Peace, Ecology, Human Rights), but all done within reason. Over done is not my taste.

I dont mind stickers on cases. I only have a sticker on one of my cases and that is a fender sticker which came with the guitar. I do like the Musicians Union sticker that says "Keep Music Live". Yeh! However I do have loads of amp and guitar stickers on my locker at work.

rwjones3    0

I find stickers on the guitar case can serve a functional role.

When I go to the bluegrass jam, there will be 20 identical Martin cases. A couple of stickers insure I grab the right case and no one else loads up their guitar in my case on the way out.

Stratrat    0
...I can see some social issue support for something you care about( Peace, Ecology, Human Rights), but all done within reason...

I'm against the idea of supporting "social issues" with stickers on a guitar case, especially if you're playing out. Many people will form an immediate opinion of you as soon as they see that case, and if they're opposed to issues you choose to support, you've already got one strike against you in their eyes. Maybe no big deal if you're an established artist already known for controversial views, but for the average joe trying to get gigs, it could work against you. Pretty much any audience is going to be a diverse cross-section of society, and you run the risk of alienating anywhere from a small percentage to the majority of your audience.

I have very strong opinions about many things (I won't mention specifics here to avoid controversy), and have completely boycotted a number of artists simply because of their publicly espoused views on certain issues. I adamantly refuse to buy, listen to, or support their music in any way. There are others who I reasonably suspect have opposing views to mine, but they choose not to use their music (and/or their "celebrity" status) as a podium for voicing their affiliations/opinions on social issues. I applaud that stance, and will let it slide and continue to support those artists on those grounds.

I'm pretty much a "live and let live" kind of person, but if somebody chooses to shove their beliefs/issues down my throat, I reserve the right to respond in kind. So, back to the original topic, I would never put stickers on my guitar cases (or my cars, or pretty much anything else) espousing my views on political or social issues. If I were going to plaster my cases with stickers, I'd keep it to brand names, funny sayings, bands I like, etc...but I still think stickers all over a case looks tacky. All of my cases have a grand total between them so far of one sticker - a big 'Z' logo sticker, for Dr. Z amps.

SlickCat    1
Here's my case. I think it's done tastefully. Not over the top like that car. THe car is abit extreme I agree.

If you like stickers.............by all means put them on.

....after all it is.........only a case. :)

JessThrasher    10

So not as many people as I thought put stickers on their guitar cases. I don't regret any of mine. But I know some people do and end up either trying so hard and nearly ruining the case to remove the stickers or just plastering more stickers on top of them.

cush66    0

I voted "its awesome". You can get carried away but overall I like them. I dont go out and buy any but instead I get them from Manufacturers, Trade Schools, Organizations etc where I have been. I also enjoy reading them on other peoples cars when Im stuck in traffic and to me its always interesting to see what kind of stickers people put on other things. Sometimes I strike up a conversation whith an unknown person just because Im curious about a sticker thats on something they have.

carol m    64
Here's my case. I think it's done tastefully. Not over the top like that car. THe car is abit extreme I agree.

I agree you've done that tastefully :claping:

I don't have any guitar cases other than the cheap soft carry cases so I don't have to worry about strickers anyway. I just bought a plain black strap though.........:winkthumb:

JessThrasher    10
I agree you've done that tastefully :claping:

I don't have any guitar cases other than the cheap soft carry cases so I don't have to worry about strickers anyway. I just bought a plain black strap though.........:winkthumb:

You're not planning to cover it with PATCHES either lik mine? :winkthumb:

I get my stickers from concerts, music stores (they always giving them away), community events etc. I don't really go out and buy stickers just to put them on my case.