redryan

Playing guitar through pc

Spyder F16    0

Go to a RadioShack or electronics store and ask for a converter that would convert a 1/4'' plug into 1/8'' RCA. Then what you would do after this would be to put the converter on your guitar cord, plug in your guitar, and plug the converted end into the Line In on your sound card (on the back of your PC).

If you have effects pedals or whatnot you want added, then plug those in along the way before it gets to the computer.

Anways, go into your sound properties and go to the recording controls. Set the Line IN as your imput source. Then use a program such as Audacity to capture and edit the sound.

G'luck :D

Bigred1951    0
I wanna record on my pc, how do i go about connecting my guitar to my pc. For example what leads or hardwars do i need?

Thanx

Ryan

I use a recording program called Audacity (u can download from web for free!). It is pretty good, and you can record a couple of tracks over one another. Right now, I am simply using a Labtec mic which hooks into my PC. It may not be the greatest quality, but hey-every journey starts with one step.....I will get more creative once I have some extra cash (and know how) available!

allthumbs    8
I use a recording program called Audacity (u can download from web for free!). It is pretty good, and you can record a couple of tracks over one another. Right now, I am simply using a Labtec mic which hooks into my PC. It may not be the greatest quality, but hey-every journey starts with one step.....I will get more creative once I have some extra cash (and know how) available!

For acoustic a shure 57 mike is the standard,but electric is much more forgiving so you can get away with a much less expensive mike. For miking an amp,put the mike an inch or so out from the edge of the speaker cone, pointing the mike at the center of the cone. It works pretty well that way.

If your in a rush to record, try multi studio. It has a setup wizard that talks you through your first recording. Takes 5 minutes.