dejankuki

How it sounds!?

Many people here is wondering how their guitar can sound good even if they recorded in Softwares...with or without external procesors

Ok... I'll start this thread... IF somthing like this is allready exist please move this thread and glue with this existing or simply delete it...

Let's go...

First you connect guitar with computer... in way you use to do...

then record something....

Next, you can use some of softwares to add distortion or just emphasize your recording...

Example 1

in this example I'm recorded dry signal from my guitar!!!

set up wil be like this:

Guitar> computer inn just hit record and play

Example 2

Here you hear guitar from previous example but signal is processed with plugins like on picture

Example 3

This is Sound played through ZOOM3030... an old processor which is made around '95. His distortions are poor when it is connected just in Computer... like you can hear. I love to call it "Bees in the jar"

set-up used for this is

Guitar>ZOOM3030> computer inn... hit the record button and play guitar... yeah!!!

But here you can also improve your sound with free plugins like: boogex, Amp simulator from Reaper, Guitar suite from simulanalog or any amp simulator from market!!! Amplitube, Guitar rig, GTR, Revalver... or... many, many other

Hear this Example 4. For this sound I use plugins like on this picture

JUST beware!!! don't add distortion if signal is already distorded or overdriven because it will destroy your sound.

When sound is already distorded with procesor you'll need JUST a cabinet impulse!!!

Those impulses are incorporated in boogex, Amp sim, Simulanalog (the best) guitar suite JCM800 amp A... etc etc...

Any, just any procesor needs to be runned through cab simulator...

When do, you'll have better sound and you can get those raw guitar hi-gain tone...

Hope it will help someone!!!

pretty cool. I wonder what my acoustic would sound like with those plugins - I'll have to try it ;)

thanks for this.

Doug, don't expect many improvements on acoustic... But try...

For acoustic guitar and all acoustic instruments only thing you really need is good condenser mic and even better preamp... vith valve. This is for true natural ton.

This "tutorial" is mainly for guitars and basses where someone want to record these instrments and he doesen't have a good amp, sound booth (deaf room..???), nice equipement but stell need to record guitar to sound verry good!

But I'm always for experimenting...

Nice post - just the kind of advice I needed when I started out.:winkthumb: Would you be good enough to link or pm me that tbt preamp plug you are using in example 2. please :)

Great job dejankuki! :thumbup:

I have some clips in my lesson forum, but I didn't do any heavy distortion. So this is on the other end of the sound spectrum. ;)

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum/tekkers-lessons/9137-guitar-multi-effects-processors-vst-plugins/

Doug, don't expect many improvements on acoustic... But try...

For acoustic guitar and all acoustic instruments only thing you really need is good condenser mic and even better preamp... vith valve. This is for true natural ton.

This "tutorial" is mainly for guitars and basses where someone want to record these instrments and he doesen't have a good amp, sound booth (deaf room..???), nice equipement but stell need to record guitar to sound verry good!

Yeah, distortion probably wouldn't sound all that good with acoustic... But any other effects would work great with acoustic, such as chorus, delay, reverb, flange, compression, etc.

Would you be good enough to link or pm me that tbt preamp plug you are using in example 2. please :)

I just found it on the KVR forum.

KVR: PreAMP TGR-18 v1.2 Updated!

-tkr

www.tinbrooketales.com

This is a plain tube preamp simulation... I use it here because it's a free! But many DAW's have bundled their own... like cubase.. it have "daTube" which have verry same effect...

Tekker, I just see your lessons... sorry I haven't see it before... Just great lesion...

And yes...you are right about hi-gain.. no one would like to have distortions on acoustic.... modulation and time-based FX, shure... some of them are must-have...

I like this impulses because they give to electric guitar much natural, power driven ... wood feeling ... sound... like you play infront of real cabinets... well.... "like"...

Many people here is wondering how their guitar can sound good even if they recorded in Softwares...with or without external procesors

Let's go...

First you connect guitar with computer... in way you use to do...

then record something....

Next, you can use some of softwares to add distortion or just emphasize your recording...

Example 1

in this example I'm recorded dry signal from my guitar!!!

set up wil be like this:

Guitar> computer inn just hit record and play

Example 2

Here you hear guitar from previous example but signal is processed with plugins like on picture

Example 3

This is Sound played through ZOOM3030... an old processor which is made around '95. His distortions are poor when it is connected just in Computer... like you can hear. I love to call it "Bees in the jar"

set-up used for this is

Guitar>ZOOM3030> computer inn... hit the record button and play guitar... yeah!!!

But here you can also improve your sound with free plugins like: boogex, Amp simulator from Reaper, Guitar suite from simulanalog or any amp simulator from market!!! Amplitube, Guitar rig, GTR, Revalver... or... many, many otherHear this Example 4. For this sound I use plugins like on this picture

JUST beware!!! don't add distortion if signal is already distorded or overdriven because it will destroy your sound.

When sound is already distorded with procesor you'll need JUST a cabinet impulse!!!

Those impulses are incorporated in boogex, Amp sim, Simulanalog (the best) guitar suite JCM800 amp A... etc etc...

Any, just any procesor needs to be runned through cab simulator...

When do, you'll have better sound and you can get those raw guitar hi-gain tone...

Hope it will help someone!!!

How do get those free plugin and how do you use them in you software. I have Sony Acid music studio software ($70); will it work?

My favourite hi-gain plugin can be downloaded for free here.

Acid music studio will run these VST's if you put the .dll file in the shared plugins folder in the Sony folder ( should be in C:/ Program files by default).

There are lots of free guitar amp sims (simulators) available ... google free amp sim vst to see what I mean

Well, true, there is many free and I mean totaly free of charge amp and cab simulators..

I mention boogex.. this plugin is made by voxengo.. Voxengo

next simulanalog guitar suite SimulAnalog Guitar Suite

Amp simulator is a plug in that comes with Reaper.. REAPER | About

Studio Devil Virtual Guitar Amp Plugin Downloads (VST, AU, RTAS) Here you'll find FREE studio Devil... one of veeeerry fine amp simulators..

Ofcourse, fretted synth free amp Fretted Synth

On this site you may look same simunalog guitar suite JCM800 but here you have skin for them VST Tribute

There is another free of charge amp simulator... Tubeamp download

Aaaaand aradaz amp simulatorS... ARADAZ VST FREE

All of these amp&cab simulators are VST and therefore all will be working in ANY sequencer which support VST plugins...

How to ude them.. like any regular plug in.

Record something.. then open VST effect window, put some effects in it.. aaaaaand 'njoy ;)

(I'm not much familiar with ACID, but I think you can manage and understand how it's going..)

Well, true, there is many free and I mean totaly free of charge amp and cab simulators..

I mention boogex.. this plugin is made by voxengo.. Voxengo

next simulanalog guitar suite SimulAnalog Guitar Suite

Amp simulator is a plug in that comes with Reaper.. REAPER | About

Studio Devil Virtual Guitar Amp Plugin Downloads (VST, AU, RTAS) Here you'll find FREE studio Devil... one of veeeerry fine amp simulators..

Ofcourse, fretted synth free amp Fretted Synth

On this site you may look same simunalog guitar suite JCM800 but here you have skin for them VST Tribute

There is another free of charge amp simulator... Tubeamp download

Aaaaand aradaz amp simulatorS... ARADAZ VST FREE

All of these amp&cab simulators are VST and therefore all will be working in ANY sequencer which support VST plugins...

How to ude them.. like any regular plug in.

Record something.. then open VST effect window, put some effects in it.. aaaaaand 'njoy ;)

(I'm not much familiar with ACID, but I think you can manage and understand how it's going..)

Im going to sound like a newbie but iam :dunno: . How do you get these downloads into the right folder. I clicked on these items and it was downloaded as a winraw compressed files. I don't know what to do with these files. :crying2:

WinRAR can be downloaded here - it's a trial that never expires...

install winRAR > download your VST > double click on it > winRAR will open it automatically > drag and drop VST into your VST folder (make one if you don't want to use Sony shared plugin program folder) > Open Acid music Studio >options > preferences >vst effects > browse for your folder > Acid will use whatever you point it to...

In Acid.. New project > insert new audio track . click on green FX icon . click on same icon in the fx window > choose effect

there ya go...

install winRAR > download your VST > double click on it > winRAR will open it automatically > drag and drop VST into your VST folder (make one if you don't want to use Sony shared plugin program folder) > Open Acid music Studio >options > preferences >vst effects > browse for your folder > Acid will use whatever you point it to...

In Acid.. New project > insert new audio track . click on green FX icon . click on same icon in the fx window > choose effect

there ya go...

Cool thanks, i love the step by step direction. It really helped. :claping::clap::yeahhh:

there ya go...

man i suck at this, i put drag and drop the files from winrar into my acid music studio audio file under program files in the C drive. I didn't show up when i tried to open it in the recording program. Do i have to install those files some how.

What about the .exe file, when i clicked on it it showed a program with amp amp with knops (creametubeamp download) but i couldn't get any sound. :dunno:

Which amp are you trying to use? Sounds like this VST has an install file in this case (they sometimes do)...

double clicking the .exe file should start an install - just watchout for where it wants to put the VST and either change it to your choice or point Acid to it ( as step by stepped above).

For an easier time try the Juicy 77 amp I linked a few posts back - it's just a .dll file that you use - you need to put it in a dedicated FX folder - either plugins in the Acid program folder or make a folder on your hard drive -call it VST and direct Acid to that ( as described in step by step post above)

Might be a good plan to read the VST section of your ACID manual too...:winkthumb:

Edit: when you see the .exe file appear in winRAR drag it to the desktop and double click it from there to make sure it works properly

Which amp are you trying to use? Sounds like this VST has an install file in this case (they sometimes do)...

double clicking the .exe file should start an install - just watchout for where it wants to put the VST and either change it to your choice or point Acid to it ( as step by stepped above).

For an easier time try the Juicy 77 amp I linked a few posts back - it's just a .dll file that you use - you need to put it in a dedicated FX folder - either plugins in the Acid program folder or make a folder on your hard drive -call it VST and direct Acid to that ( as described in step by step post above)

Might be a good plan to read the VST section of your ACID manual too...:winkthumb:

Edit: when you see the .exe file appear in winRAR drag it to the desktop and double click it from there to make sure it works properly

When i clicked on the .exe file, the program pops up without installing it first. Yeah i should go back and read the ACID manual. im just lazy and i just want to play and record.