Guitar63

Highway One or American Standard?

I'm looking at these two Fender series. I like mostly blues and rock, and I'd like to know the differences between the two, besides the price of course. :)

The experts will chime in soon but basically the Strats and Teles have Highway ones and American Standard. The main diff is the highway ones are the no frills not shiny ones. Both the Standard and the Highway ones have the regular and upgraded models. Its basically a matter of which one you like as performance wise each has basically the same stuff just one isnt as pretty. By same I mean within the Strat Std/Hwy1 and Tele Std/Hwy1.

As said already only the finish is different so the tone should be 95% the same if not more. The finish could be described as a Matt photo compaired to a glossy photo.

The AmStd may use different tuners, and they do have different pickups. Whether they're "better" or "worse" is a matter of taste. As Cush and Kriss said, the Hwy1's have a matte finish which "relics" (shows wear) more quickly than the thicker, glossy finish on the AmStd. I have a Hwy1 Tele and am very fond of it.

The AmStd may use different tuners, and they do have different pickups. Whether they're "better" or "worse" is a matter of taste. As Cush and Kriss said, the Hwy1's have a matte finish which "relics" (shows wear) more quickly than the thicker, glossy finish on the AmStd. I have a Hwy1 Tele and am very fond of it.

I didnt realise some of the compents are different, I am particually fond of a blue Tele Hwy1 in my local store. Sounds and feels great, only thing standing in my way is the girlfriend!

Thanks for the inputs! I also noticed most of the reviews on the web of the Hwy 1 that ive found are focused on the Tele not the Strat. I'll make sure to check them all out.

I didnt realise some of the compents are different, I am particually fond of a blue Tele Hwy1 in my local store. Sounds and feels great, only thing standing in my way is the girlfriend!

Well heck...gently push her to the side LOL!! Just kidding. I feel for you Kriss. I understand where youre coming from. Just think, oneday you be old like me. Then its just a matter of deciding if you want to deal with the credit card bill LOL!! :winkthumb: