No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   johnnyb

Newcomer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:33 PM

Hi All

I found Planetalk in January 2005. I had decided to take up guitar again for about the 10th time and had been playing regularly for about 8 months. I'm into the Blues and had all types of books showing Scales..also took lessons for about 4 months. I ran into a brick wall when I got to learning 6th intervals and thirds.other than rote playing from tabs..I had no idea how to form these intervals.

I did a Google Search and landed on the PlaneTalk site. It promised to change the way one would look at the fretboard amd make it familiar turf. I figured what the heck, I have already bought a bunch of books..what is one more.

Well guess what..everything that Kirk said PT would do ..it has. The fretboard has become much friendlier territory. It is also a great learning tool, since now using PT, I can analyze why something sounds good..so I can reproduce it and know in advance it will sound good. I can also do what I never thought possible, I can figure out guitar solos from the Blues Master's I am studying. Another great learning tool.

Theres a lot of hype on many things...I can tell you that Kirk's PT has helped me play much much better than I ever thought possible. Also all the support on the PT Forum is a big added bonus. Everybody is very mellow supportive and extremely helpful.

Just wanted to share

John

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users