WernHalen

Midi to Wave or MP3

WernHalen    0

Hi, Ive searched the forums and google but no joy... :( I was hoping you guys might kow of a good midi to wave converter that is free... I have a midi player but need to convert the midi files to wave to be able to play along with them when I am not near the pc... i am leaving for the coast tommorow and want to keep up with my practice... :helpsmili

si16    10

Allthumbs made a post about something earlier on the PT forum called FreeRecorder. Apparently this utility was written by one of the members there but the link doesn't appear to work. Perhaps one of the regulars there can give more detail. It captures any sound going through your sound card.

allthumbs    8

I found a zip file for it on my pc. If worse comes to worse I will email it to you. Give Clancy a couple of days to see if she can find it. It got lost in the last move.

Clancy    36

allthumbs, I answered on the PlaneTalk forum... Actually I just read si16 post. If the member who wrote it over at PT doesn't mind it being uploaded here and available for anyone to download, I'll make it so that .zip files can be uploaded and you can just put it up here at GFB&B.

Cheers

Clancy

allthumbs    8
allthumbs, I answered on the PlaneTalk forum... Actually I just read si16 post. If the member who wrote it over at PT doesn't mind it being uploaded here and available for anyone to download, I'll make it so that .zip files can be uploaded and you can just put it up here at GFB&B.

Cheers

Clancy

That shouldn't be a problem. He gave permission some time ago to share it with whom ever we wanted. I have posted a copy on a couple of different forums.:)

Clancy    36
That shouldn't be a problem. He gave permission some time ago to share it with whom ever we wanted. I have posted a copy on a couple of different forums.:)

Ok, how big is the zip file?

Clancy

allthumbs    8

Freerecorder grabs any sound coming from your pc and changes it into a wav. file. Can be handy for converting midi and downloading sounds that don't have an easy way of being downloaded, Instructions are in the program. it is 14k and sits in your sys. tray. the second is a slow down program used for slowing down songs to make it easier to figure out the riffs. it is a little more complicated. It is actually a user friendly front end for another program A link to that program is in the slowdown instructions. These were written by a friend on the P.T. forum.

FreeRecorder.zip

WSOLAgui.zip