1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bicicleta

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 27-February 08

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:29 AM

Hi Solidwalnut,
Couldn't you also include in your playbook some more links to Lorange's lessons or songs. This would also help us (a long time beginers) to find pathways through the site as well as make your book even more richer. But then it's maybe also a good point to introduce less and chosen subjects. At a first sight it's really helpfull how you relate and "schedule" all the subjects.
Danke seher!

#2 OFFLINE   solidwalnut

Moderator | Lesson Contributor

• Lesson Contributors

• 2,098 posts
  • Joined 12-October 06

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:09 PM

bicicleta said:

Hi Solidwalnut,
Couldn't you also include in your playbook some more links to Lorange's lessons or songs. This would also help us (a long time beginers) to find pathways through the site as well as make your book even more richer. But then it's maybe also a good point to introduce less and chosen subjects. At a first sight it's really helpfull how you relate and "schedule" all the subjects.
Danke seher!

bicicleta--

I'm very sorry for the delay...I hope you log back on and see this message.

First of all, thanks. I'm glad my form of organization helps you. And it's interesting that you talk about linking more to Kirk's lessons. This has been my intention thoughout writing lessons here. I've tried to see the need to help others navigate through the site and to relate to some of the lesson content already here.

Look again at the lesson Playbook for the Beginner and Beyond and you'll see that I've linked to two of Kirk's lessons in this particular one: his lesson Chords for Area 1 and the lesson Anatomy of a C Major Chord -- The CAGED System for reference in Area 2. There are references to Kirk's as well as the other lesson authors content throughout all of my lessons, and I will always agree with you that there can be more.

I've always been the wordy type. Even so, I do try and keep the idea of introducing less at one time so as to avoid any confusion. I will always appreciate your suggestions as I am always evaluating the content and seeing where it can be too much at one time and where lesson ought to be broken up in to smaller chunks.

Thanks for the insight,

Steve
Steve Cass
Solid Walnut Music/ASCAP

Becoming a great guitarist has less to do with fancy moves than it does becoming a master of the basics and learning musicianship.
It's not what you can't do. It's how you play what you already know.

View my lessons here at GfB&B

"Rhythm guitar is a trip that alot of people miss" -- Tom Petty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users