Ellenback1

Raven Guitar:

redwing,

I too have a Raven and you need to use the upload link in go advanced to upload your picture.

There are a few people here that own one. All like them.

Here is where I purchased my RG450

RavenWestGuitar Co.

wow! some purdy guitars on that site! thanks for the link eddiez, i'm gonna check out these ravens..... here's an eyecatcher! RG350 SEE THRU AMBER SPALTED MAPLE FLAME EXACT

wow i guess I'm resurrecting this thread. I didn't know this many people had a raven they are beautiful guitars i have a gray one my dad bought for me a couple of years ago i love these guitars trying to find more that aren't raven west just raven.

I have the Raven RM300DX Les Paul Model. I've been real happy with it over the years, but I recently got my 1976 Fender Dual Showman Reverb fixed and completely redone. I hooked up my Raven to it and it sounded horrible. It sounded fine on my Line 6 Spider III 120, but that is a solid state amp and the Dual Showman is all killer tube tone.

I recently (2 weeks ago) replaced the pick ups with GFS Zebra Crunchy PATS. 14K Bridge and 10K Neck. Oh man, what a huge difference! It seriously sings now and sustains for what seems like forever! A much fuller sound. Crystal clear highs and amazing mids and lows.

All in all I've been really happy with the guitar. especially after replacing the pick ups.

Shonie

I have had this hollow Raven for about a year. I have seen a couple of the same but with a red finish. Mine also has a rotary pickup switch

(1, 2, mix). I plan to put a Filtertron bridge pickup on it.

I have had this hollow Raven for about a year. I have seen a couple of the same but with a red finish. Mine also has a rotary pickup switch

(1, 2, mix). I plan to put a Filtertron bridge pickup on it.

I've been looking for info on Raven guitars since I got mine. Here's what I've gathered.

Raven was the brand that were sold in Canada (I think exclusively) much like Mann. Possibly by Great West Music. I was under the impression the new "Raven West" is owned by the son of the owner of Raven. I saw somebody selling a red one like mine who said he bought it new in about 1970. The tailpiece, neck and head on mine are identical to a Guyatone of the same period. Guyatone was made by Matsumoku.

I recently saw a guitar with the identical body and hardware called "Apollo". It had a double wide pick guard and a STRAT style headstock.

9177.attach

9178.attach

Hey ppl! first time posting on a forum, but I have an acoustic guitar, a Raven of Course, A302 and I was in a music shop the other day and found a Gibson Acoustic, the exact same style, with the exact same design under the strings. Just got me looking at the different styles of Ravens and I love them.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Square-Shoulder/Gibson-Acoustic/Hummingbird-True-Vintage.aspx

that link is to the same gibson guitar I saw, it had the same sound and feel as the one I have, looks are a bit different though, the head of course is a square head, and I cannot adjust the neck at all. Thought it fit nicely into this forum.