Ellenback1

Raven Guitar:

Actually, no, I got it from a dealer, memoryrecords...why, did you see one there like it? Or perhaps even the same one?

Tell me the story, now I'm curious! LOL

I have a Raven (not Raven West) Les Paul copy cherry red sunburst, however no working camera.

I cannot find anything about this guitar but i will post a picture soon maybe we'll have a match.

I inherited this guitar and just want to know why this great guitar is virtually unheard of.

I have a Raven (not Raven West) Les Paul copy cherry red sunburst, however no working camera.

I cannot find anything about this guitar but i will post a picture soon maybe we'll have a match.

I inherited this guitar and just want to know why this great guitar is virtually unheard of.

Those IN the know, know, Sw33...this guitar caused some serious disturbances back in the 70's, as the Asian market used the Les Paul as one of their first copies, which they sold for exorbitantly low prices, hence this guitar being nicknamed the 'lawsuit guitar.' But, you're right, it's very difficult to find ANY information about it online at all. My guitar, too, is a Raven, (not Raven West) as yours is, and I believe that we just might have a match!

Elle

Hi, I jiust bought my son a "Raven" guitar from a local pawnshop for 229.00. He has been playing for about 2 years. I have attached Pictures. It looks exactly like the "RavenWest" 1000Q Model but only has the word "Raven" on the Headstock not "RWG" It also only has a single lock tremolo and not Double on the end of Headstock. It is marked Made in Korea and has the serial # 00090375. From what I gather from reading the Raven West Site that the old Raven Company is out of business and a guy who used to work for them formed RavenWest and has the guitars manufactured in exactly the same way and by the same manufacturer the old Raven company did.

My son loves the way it sounds and says its very comfortable to play and we thought it a great bargain. Sounds like a much more expensive guitar.

7184.attach

7185.attach

7186.attach

hey, i have been looking for info on these raven guitars for a while, i got one when i was 13yo, im now 35. I still have it, play it and love it. anyone have more info on these?

That is a great instrument there Eddiez,congratulations :claping: !!I only wish you start adding more electric to your songs :yes: ! I bet that baby sounds as good as it looks!!

All the best,

Theo

Hi Ellen,

I was researching Raven guitars - for the same reason as your post from last year (?) Did the guitar work out as good as it sounded in your initial evaluation. I just found one, but haven't yet played it?

Thanks

Kevin

hi ! i just was looking around for raven guitar stuff..and saw this site..and your request to see one. I have one, was given to me by my step father when he passed on. Its 1970s era, not sure yet as im still looking for an online url but i did see one in the guitar book in a music store many years ago. im not sure how to put a picture in here.

I use to own a raven, sounds like it may be same style as I use to own. I loved that guitar. Looks almost identical to a les Paul but says Raven on it. By the way if there is a slight dent on it at the tip it was mine, lol. Lent it to a firend for an airband concert and he fell off stage. They are sturdy, what can I say.

Well, that's a great question, eX!!! The stuff that the band and I are working on is high energy, for example, Alternative stuff like STP, some SRV, etc., but I want to pull them away from that a little and hit some Toronto songs, Sass Jordan, that kind of thing. I love high energy, female oriented, like Chrissy Hynde, and Benatar, that type of thing. Budget is a few hundred CDN, although I can save up if I absolutely must, but I'm hoping to not break the bank on this expense. Hard rock and blues, mainly...? But I likely won't be needing the amp and accoutrements for playing out, since there are already two guitarists, but more for just jamming at home for now. That may change in a while, though, who knows?

Thanks for all your help on this!

Elle

I love sass. Look at some of Biff Naked's work too on youtube. A Vancouver native. She can rock the house.

I am new to the site but when I came upon the question about Raven guitars, I knew I had something to contribute. So here it goes.

My guitar teacher at college, and a Berkley Music School alum plays Raven Guitars. As a matter of fact he collects them. They are no longer made and haven't been for some time. There were many models made, most were semi-hollow bodies. The one he uses in class is a jazz style hollow-body that you could compare to a Gretsch, the one he plays at his studio is a along the lines of a strat style double cutaway 2 f hole style with with very distinguishable humbuckers and a figured maple top. He also has a few others that I have yet to see.

They are very well made and sound beautiful.

They have no connection with Raven's West, and from what I'm to understand they are getting harder to find on the open market.

If you have any other questions let me know and I'll ask him.

:claping: yay i thought i was playing a very unique guitar. it's nice to know other's are aquiring the same guitar. this is a raven logo on a les paul body that the last time it has been restrung was in the early nineties. and it still sounds awesome. single coil in two places. with the clearest tone that i have heard in my history of mashing strings. and yet still the strings from when i got it as a gift of my grandmother passing that she used for ministry entertainment.

this guitar i could never doubt. the capablities. the bridge is gentle.

the pitch is harmonious. used for various genres and the looks of this guitar would suit the same.

my guitar is like a pale lime. bridge is like spools for thread. with a guard. the worst of amps will still sound good. guaranteed. i have right now for my quaters an amp that cost myself 150CDN.

thanks for treat of conversation

mike