Dewy

Parker PM-20 limited

Amen Stratrat!! Very well said. I'm right with you and Dewy! I understand that real quality costs money, but you can still make music, and entertain people without completely blowing the budget!

I need to add something from a different perspective though. I do appreciate that Gibson makes some fine Guitars. But I cannot put a guitar that costs $1500 + mods into some of the situations that I drag my "Tools" into. Bars, Damp weather, not yet warm rehearsal halls, all would destroy a "delicate" or irreplaceable guitar... or even just a high priced quality one.

I would pull a tooth out of my mouth and hand it to you for a solid walnut custom Les Paul... if that was the asking price... my teeth are glad its not. But from the moment the case opened until the music started I would worry over dents and dings. Thats not Love... thats an obsession I cannot afford.

So thank God, for surely he (she) has answered my Hard Rocking prayers with this perfect storm of tone woods and Korean craftsmanship.

Lest I be considered a Luddite, let me add a different perspective also....I certainly suffer from GAS just like anybody else and am not in any way averse to owning nice gear. All I'm saying is that if I'm going to plop down my hard-earned bucks for something boo-teek or high-end, it's because there's something about it I just can't live without (in that twisted GAS way we all know so well). :yes: Whether anybody else would "approve of" or be impressed by it doesn't factor into my decision making process. My own enjoyment is validation enough for me.

Same for other people - even if I don't agree with their tastes, I'm happy for them if they enjoy what they have...whether it cost them $10 or $10,000, and whether it was made in America or Gadzookistan. I didn't have to spend the money, don't have to look at it or play it, so it don't befront me none (as George Thorogood would say). :D There's a reason that there are so many different guitars, amps, pedals, etc. on the market - it would be a pretty boring world if we all liked the exact same things!

So thank God, for surely he (she) has answered my Hard Rocking prayers with this perfect storm of tone woods and Korean craftsmanship.

For me, you said it right there Dewy. I too have had a few prayers answered in regard to gear. I have been able to acquire far more gear than I have a right to own, but it has all come at the right time, and the right price (pastors don't have an unlimited supply of money!). I may not have all top of the line gear, but I do have some things that are very nice, and I thank God for the growng ability to use it. Again, I say congratulations on your beautiful guitar!

With some free time to check back up on personal pursuits, I have returned to GfB&B only to find the pics of my lovely and hard working Parker down from having inactivity in the account area. Unable to edit them I have rehosted and reposted them in their primitive glory.

May they long inspire Rock & Roll Dreams in the Beginners and the Beyond.

Sunspots.jpg

Stand.jpg

Reclined.jpg

Full.jpg

Front.jpg

Face.jpg

Contour.jpg

Back.jpg

Some pics of it in action around here somewhere... may post those as well.