krissovo

10 Recording Bloopers

This guy has far too much time bet he'd be hell to work with you'ld feel like he was waiting for you to make a mistake so he could say "You Don't want to do it like that, do it like this":winkthumb:

If I ever get so critical of a mix (my own or others), please reach through the screen and smack me. I'll richly deserve it.

+1.

Every time I read something like that, I feel sorry for the person writing it. I can't help but think that it would greatly diminish my listening enjoyment to be that critical. Same thing with people who complain about autotune on vocals or the artifacts in 128 kbps mp3 files bothering them so much that they can't even listen. Maybe some consider it a badge of audiophile elitism or something, but I just can't be bothered to worry that much or analyze it that deeply - I'm too busy enjoying the music. :yes:

I've also heard of people that have so trained themselves to listen critically that they cannot simply enjoy a piece of music. They find that they are constantly critiquing arrangements, performance technique, etc. that they have lost the ability to sit back and listen. It's sad.