D-Dawn

♥ New Fat Strat ♥

D-Dawn    0

I picked this up Saturday after waiting almost 2 years to actually buy it!! :claping: Fender HSS Strat and I'm in :wub:3.jpg

They look happy together huh? :yes:

2.jpg

D-Dawn    0
She is so Sweet...what model Yamaha is that?

It is one of their hand crafted series the LL-6 I absolutely LOVE it. I was going for a Martin or Taylor when I played the Yamaha and was amazed by the tone and how well built this guitar is. Its hard finding them in the US now, but I lucked out when I got it at a shop in Georgia.

BTW its HE lol Sweet William!

D-Dawn    0
Congrats, great looking pair. Here's my Mex Fat Strat, Martin OOOM, and Samick Rio Grande A/E(solid cedar and ovangkohl)

That Samick is pretty! I have an uncle who really likes the Samicks :winkthumb:

D-Dawn    0
Thanks. D-Dawn, good bang for the buck. Is that Yamaha similar in size to my OOO? Nice shape and finish, and I guess that Fender is an American?

Heh I wish...MIM but sweet still! I was too impatient to wait for the American...I wanted an amp too :crying2:

The Yamaha is a full sized dreadnought ...dunno what size your Martin is :dunno: What I like best is the Ebony fret board!

GotDeeBlues    3

I was impatient, too and got a good deal on the Mex I bought. The Martin OOO is about concert or 7/8th of a regular Dread, but larger than what is considered a Parlor(O, OO). Bought that for less than $720 new due to some shoulder problems with the dreads.

D-Dawn    0
Sorry about the faux pas Sweet William. D-Dawn I read your review of the LL6 on Harmony Central, sounds like a really nice guitar.

S'alright! LoL I forgot I wrote that! I'll have to back and see if my opinion of this guitar has improved :) Thanks everyone. I realllllly like the new strat. Now I just have to get better at playing it. I'm finding the switching between acoustic and electric is not as easy as I thought it was going to be. I think the action on the strat is a bit high so I'm going to take it back in and have them reset it....for some reason the put jazz 13's on it when they set it up and I think they had to add extra springs to keep the bridge down properly. It sounds great, just isn't as easy to play, so I think I'll have them put 12's on.

I did not request 13's.....:dunno:

GotDeeBlues    3

That set up is what i went with basically. 12's on the Strat with a low setup has it playing a lot like my Martin, making the switch easier. My old Squier used to drve me nuts going ack and forth. I lowered the Samick after that, and even the dread is no big deal to go to. Med 80/20 Martins on the OOO and 13-56 D'Addario's on the dread.

D-Dawn    0

I like 13's on my acoustic so I'm sure thats why she put them on the strat, but it took forever for another guy to set it up after she took all the strings off at once and messed up the bridge then couldn't figure out what wen wrong...he wasn't happy and I actually left GC and came back an hour later to pick up my new toy. I seriously wish he would have used his brain a bit and slapped some 12's on there rather than re-setting everything for the 13's. But he assumed it is what I requested. I'll get it fixed, but I'll take it back to GC since anyplace else will charge me $80 to set it up again.

Whatever comes stock (10's 11's?) on my sons Squire are too thin for my taste so I think 12's should do the trick!

Stratrat    0

Congrats on the new Strat, D-Dawn - that's a beauty! You've got a pair of really nice guitars there.

As far as the strings on the Strat - I like 10's or 11's on my electrics. As you start learning string bends, you may find that 12's or 13's are too heavy and hard to bend. 9's feel like spiderwebs to me, but the 10-11 range gives a good compromise in fattening up your tone a bit, but still allowing you to bend while keeping the skin on the tips of your fingers intact. :isaynothing:

Nutty    1

Very nice D-Dawn. Congratuations. Two years is a long time to wait. I commend you for that. I'm an "I gotta have now" kinda gal.

The guitar in the back ground is quite interesting too with the heart hole. Never seen one like that before. What brand is it?

Nutty

D-Dawn    0

Hahah thats my 8 year olds JJ heart 3/4...it actually stays in tune and is a decent little guitar for well under $100, she's learning a lot on it but at the time we got it I didn't want to shell out a bundle for something a 7 year old was gonna bang around. I give her and a neighbor boy lessons every Wednesday ♥

I was informed last night that if I would have waited another week he would have helped me go with an American! i think he's messin' with my head...but GC has a 30 day return policy if hubby is serious!!

D-Dawn    0
:jawdrop: he was serious. I ended up with a Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS, Olympic White with rosewood.. and it is beautiful! Feels like butter and so light!! I'll post photos soon!:yeahhh:

D-Dawn    0

Ok so because they couldn't fix the MIM and I am impatient (hehe) this is what I ended up with! Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS and wow what a difference! i honestly didn't think I personally would be able to tell much between the MIM or American..but I can!

hss3.jpg

This thing plays so nice...better than I do in fact :dunno: but I'm learning alot with it!

:yeahhh:

Now I just have to wait 2 weeks for a new amp...and for my hand to heal! Torture pure torture!

D-Dawn    0
Wow D-D, that's awesome!!! The pickguard sets off the rosewood fretboard perfectly! Congrats! What amp are you thinking about?

I'm seriously considering the Blues Jr, but I want to check out a VOX before I decide for sure :) Thanks PB :winkthumb: My son insists it looks like a "chick" guitar lol (I am his mother afterall!) but for some reason, he can't keep from trying to get his hands on it even so!

Wow. That is one BEAUTIFUL guitar if I do say so myself....Congrats

Nutty

Thanks Nutty! I'm still in shock over this one...I am dying for my hand to be healed so that I can play again!

Your going to love the tone of that oh so beautiful fatstrat. I was in love with my Epi LP 3pups until I had my American deluxe fatstrat. Apart from the weight differrance, the tone and versatility of the fatstrat (for me) has no comparison. The colour is sweet.:winkthumb::guitardude::thumbup1: