JessThrasher

Loose whammy bar

JessThrasher    10

I have an edge 3 tremolo and the bar always comes out when I try to use it. Its a push in type, not a screw in. Should I just glue gun glue it in? I tried putting duct tape on it, but its too bulky and can't put in any more.

There should be a tension adjuster on the tremolo block itself.

EDIT: I know on the edge pro II there are two screws. One to set the bar height, and the other to set the tightness of it. I'm guessing the III didn't abandon that, as it is put to good use.

fly135    5

If for whatever reason you can't find or there isn't the aforementioned screws, Teflon (or plumbers) tape is a very thin elastic non-adhesive tape that will work for snugging up the bar. I have a bar on my G&L that screws in, but I put teflon tape on the threaded portion to get the right tightness. Every hardware store on the planet has this tape. It's used for installing plumbing hardware. It's closest analogy would be Saran cling wrap.

RetnalBurn    0

Hey Jess, press down on your tremelo bar until the bridge lifts completly allowing access to the trem tension set screw which is just bellow the sixth string and behind the trem cavity. Tighten it up and your Whammy bar troubles go away.

rockalance    0

Hey Jess, press down on your tremelo bar until the bridge lifts completly allowing access to the trem tension set screw which is just bellow the sixth string and behind the trem cavity. Tighten it up and your Whammy bar troubles go away.

Wow... i just got an RG350DX and have been asking everywhere how to fix that. Everyone tells me the screw at the bottom of the EDGE III (Boss?); or they just bash Edge III trems. Wow... i've been goingcrazy over this. Thank you so much