Kirk Lorange

New Lesson ... JS Bach

Hi, all. I was finally able to get a new lesson done after all the Christmas brouhaha. January down here in Australia is mid summer and there's a whole lot more going on than in the Northern Hemisphere, so please excuse the tardiness in putting a new lesson together.

I chose one that I learned about forty years ago: "Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring", probably Johann's most famous piece ... for its beauty, not its title. I was pleased to find that my fingers remembered most of it but I did tighten up the arrangement somewhat, removing any hint of chords and leaving it at a melody line and bass line. As tricky as it sounds, there are only ever two notes in play, so even if you think it may be beyond you, give it a whirl.

The downloadable version includes a slowed down movie, and I've also included the right and left hand fingerings in the tablature. I'll be doing that from now on as I've had quite a few requests.

Here it is: http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum/finger-style-lessons/18828-jesu-joy-mans-desiring/

It's really a nice piece. Now I have somethign to work on this summer. Lately haven't been picking up the guitar cuz I've been busy with the wife and kids. so this is something neat.