solidwalnut

New Lesson: Playbook for Beginners and Beyond: Adding Musicianship

Hey gang--

I just finished a new lesson/article, Playbook for Beginners and Beyond: Adding Musicianship. Here are a couple of excerpts to give you an idea:

Where do we begin with this? My first intention in writing this lesson is to express to you that no amount of theory or mechanical learning can make a musician. The injection of musicianship, or the style of a musician as he or she plays their instrument, is just as important as the other four areas. But the deal is that musicianship doesn't stand apart from them. Yet it is a separate skill. Huh?...

and

...timing and rhythm comes just as much from your heart and gut as they do your brain and hand coordination. Coordinate your breathing.

I hope you find the info helpful.

Have a great night/day!

Steve

Steve,

Just read your new lesson and it was great. Great insite into what it takes for musicianship. The orchestra analogy was excellent and anyone who has sung in a choir will also understand the need to internalize the rhythms and timing of a song. Thanks for sharing your expertise and experience, it is much appreciated.

Hey Steve,

I just wanted to say thanks for the great post. It says quite a bit. Trying to put those intangibles into words is difficult at best.

Thanks much,

John

Hey Steve,

I just wanted to say thanks for the great post. It says quite a bit. Trying to put those intangibles into words is difficult at best.

Thanks much,

John

You're sure right, there. I think it probably takes up too many words at times, but it's a good thing :) Thanks for the kind words.

Steve