Spyder F16

What do you all play?

Bigred1951    0
I'm just interested. :wink:

I myself play what's listed below.

Play a Squier Strat, which I have advised everyone that I don't really like it. Wonder if I can change the pick-ups?

I also have an Art & Lutherie acoustic, a Big Baby taylor (sweet guitar!), and I just picked up a used A&L AMI Nylon (Cedar) for $120 CDN, with a case and a set of new strings. Now all I have to do is learn to put the nylon strings on! It sounds pretty good but the strings are old, so I am sure it will sound sweeter after!

allthumbs    8
Allthumbs,

You said you got a epi alleykat semi hollow body. How do you like it so far?

My favourite guitar. I have flatwounds on it for a jazz fussion kinda playing, but the thing just growls if you want it to.. Perfect for playing rockabilly, if thats your thing. Great all around guitar. I have a friend who just played a blistering 5 min. blues jam on one and it just smoked. I have some jams on the P.T. forum with the alleykat. I think you just bought Kirks book which now allows you to login as a member of the P.T. forum so take a listen if your interested.

Andy S    9

I will attempt to post a pic of my four guitars. If that doesn't work, I'll at least put a Yahoo site address so , if you're so inclined, you can go there to see my stuff.

There is:

American Standard 40th anniversary Strat.

Ovation Elite Standard acoustic/electric

Dean EVO Special Select (made in Korea)

Ibanez AG85-TRD small body

I use a Johnson J-Station with a split signal. One side to the FOH, the other to a Peavey Classic 30 I use on stage as a monitor for the others in the church band. I control the J-Station with a Behringer FCB-1010 controller. I also have a small Behringer V-tone GM-108 for practicing. And I have a Tascam CD-1 Guitar trainer that can slow down songs for assisting in learning riffs and such.

284.attach

000xmmartin    0

Hey Guys,

I have an Epiphone steel string for the strumming which projects an incredible sound, and I have a Martin 000xm auditorium acoustic for the finger-style, I want to get a Washburn Classical someday,,Thanks..ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE NICE

allthumbs    8

What do you want feed back about? Ultimate Garage Band sells Washburns so he would be the guy to ask. He has played them all and is very good at fitting the guitar to the player.

cjcokeman    0

Hey guys,

Just got my brand new Tak in today. A GREAT guitar. Since this is the first brand new guitar I have ever purchased, are there any types of set-up work that need to be done to it? New strings? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

allthumbs    8
Hey guys,

Just got my brand new Tak in today. A GREAT guitar. Since this is the first brand new guitar I have ever purchased, are there any types of set-up work that need to be done to it? New strings? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Did you buy it in a store or online? Most times they will be set up before you get them if they don't come directly from the factory. Sometimes their shipped with cheap strings so you can wait till they wear out or put strings of your choice on them now. The best thing to do is just play it to determine if anything needs to be done. Just do the obvious,check that the neck is straight, the action is good and the bridge is properly lined up with the nut. Takies are good guitars,you should be good to go.

Man, I got in a Walden classical guitar yesterday and the slot in the bridge is wider than the saddle is thick, so the saddle actually rests in the slot at an angle putting pressure on the top edge of the nut side of the slot and the bottom portion of the bridge side of the slot. This is a nice, slow, method to eventually split the bridge in two. I mean when I held the guitar up to a light and sighted down the saddle I could see light in a gap on BOTH sides of the saddle, on the bottom for nut side and the top for the bridge side. I loosened the strings completely, removed the saddle, trimmed a shim to fit and then placed a shim on the nut side of the slot while slipping in the saddle. Now she's as tight as Dick's hat band. Whatever that means.

I guess I'm saying this due to what Marty/Allthumbs mentioned above. When you mail order a guitar, go over it with a fine tooth comb. Minor finish flaws are one thing but a poor fitting saddle can be more disasterous than just a bad transfer of string energy to the top.

cjcokeman    0

Bought from a store online. I took it out of the box and tuned it and started playing. Action is low and it sounds great although I'm not an expert. I did buy some new Elixirs and plan on putting them in sometime this weekend. The store I bought it from had an ebay auction and that's how i got the guitar.

bone1205    0

Hear are my junk stuffssss...

1. Montana dreadnaught acoustic: d'addario strings; Jim dunlop Nylon picks

2. Custom made acoustic guitar

3. SX VST57: d'addario xl120, paul gilbert picks

4. Gibson EB-3 bass: stock strings.

*Zoom 707, and a custom made distortion pedal(based on Ibanez tube screamer)

r1p32    1

I also have an Ibanez GRX40 that I play with the amp it came with in the pak, an IBZ10 amp. Clean its sounds good but on overdrive...eh, it could be a lot better, idk im happy with the guitar but id like a better amp. but when im better ill prolly upgrade the guitar.

I snuck over to Guitar Center a few days after Christmas and snagged a Korean made PRS Soapbar II. I love that guitar. I play it through my Fender Blues Jr. with the treble down, the reverb up and the fat switch engaged. When I need a change of pace I plug in my MIM Telecaster. I'm really happy with the quality of this gear. I've picked it all up in the last three years, and I'm impressed the the value. It's nice stuff for a relatively small investment, I think.

Daktari    0

Hi there,

If I include a couple of guitars my dad made way back, I have a collection of thirteen, (including a few basses).

My main work horse and the most versatile guitar I own:

Godin Solidac.

Patrick Eggle New York. Set up with an extra top E string in place of D string, (tuned to top D), for Soukous style.

Hofner Verithin. Cherry red 1964 with factory Bigsby.

Oscar Schmidt Delta Blues semi acoustic. (Washburn).Killer pickups on this.

$150.00 Classical nylon strung. Needed setting up and new strings but good for the price.

Olympia Acoustic Bass.(Eastern version of Tacoma).

An Ibanez solid with three pickups.

Dad-made fretless solid bass. Complete with hand carved inlays.

Rogue fretless bass. $99.00 from Musicians Friend. Needed some work but is excellent for that price.

A genuine Greek bouzouki which I have tuned one fifth lower and have eight banjo strings on there. A hybrid which I use for bluegrass style and also African.

A Dean Playmate small guitar. This is actually our grand daughter's guitar but she lets me borrow it. It has a ukelele type sound.

Abe Wechter double cut away electric acoustic. This guitar has three pickup systems. Regular pickup at the sound hole, a suspended mic inside and piezzos in the bridge.

Last but not least, the first guitar my dad made. A huge jumbo acoustic. It has a warm, loud sound. It is now 49 years old and needs some repair where some of the glue is cracking. Nice though. I learnt to play on this one.

I have had many amps in the past. Currently have a Carvin combo, my old trusty Roland JC but what I use now to play out is a Bose L1 pa tower with two bass bins which is amazing for my one-man set up.

I use the Godin Solidac most of the time and use the acoustic output direct into one channel on the Bose. The electric output goes through a Digitech VoiceLive, a Boss looper and a Digitech multi FX. This set up is fairly simple, sounds great and is very portable. Gives me all the sounds I need for the odd-ball mixture of music that I play.

All the best, Gordon.:smilinguitar:

eddiez152    129

I got a rather sizable collection but here is what I play the most.

Huss & Dalton Model MJC Cedar Top Rosewood back and sides.

D'Addario Light strings.

Taylor GS6 Spruce Top - Maple Back and sides. Elixir Medium Nanoweb.

Breedlove 12

Stringthing    0

My favorite electric to play right now is Hohner HJ4. Dean Markley Signature Series, (10 13 17 26 36 46) NickelSteel Electric for strings. Thinking about switching to 11's.

When I play acoustic I'm into 12 string Epiphone. D'Addario strings.

8601.attach

8602.attach

Darkhorizon    0

I play any music that takes my interest but still have alot to learn.

Acoustic

Santa Ana (My one is only useful as a door stop)

Faith Eclipse FECV

Electric

Squier Tele Custom II P90

Fender Mexican Strat

PRS SE Singlecut

My wife has now banned me from getting any more guitars !

starsailor    20

Don't remember posting this one here but here's a few of mine, Alto Balalaika, Yamaha FG 312, Hokada Classical and a Strat that I got for 20 quid, mostly play acoustic though which is lucky because that ain't a great electric guitar. Also have a few others, this is quite an old picture the Dens been redone since this was taken but I thought I'd post it, need to get some more pictures taken.winkthumb:

8611.attach

modelman182    0

Electrics:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Raw Power, all Maple

Epiphone Les Paul 100, Rosewood fingerboard

Tanglewood Warrior II 4-string bass, Rosewood fingerboard

Stagg Fretless 4-string bass

Electro acoustics:

Cort Earth 6-string

Cort 12-string

Admira Juanita Classical 6-string

All strung with D'Addario (except the Gibson, which still has its Gibson strings on as its a new acquisition).

Amps:

Fender Rumble 25W

Fat Rat 15W

Other instruments:

Yamaha SY-22 keyboard

Yamaha DD-55 drum pads

Effects:

Line 6 Pod 2.0

Recording Equipment:

Presonus Firepod - Cubase 4 LE for software.

Kev