Spyder F16

What do you all play?

Joshua    0

Hi Spyder!

This looks like an awfully lonely place...

I play a U.S. made Highway 1 Fender Stratocaster, single coils, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, alder body...Through an Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer, into a Behringer GX-110 30 watter...

Yeah, the amp could be better, but I'm happy with it for now. Decent tone, millions of tonal possibilities...Cheap price.

The Tube Screamer does wonders, though...I think that's the only reason I'm able to live with the amp! Lol!!

Joshua

Shabbadoo    0

Hey guys,

To contribute my 2 bits...

I started out with a crappy no-name 3/4 size accoustic...played (or suffered) for about the first 18 months of the 2 years I've been playing. About 6 months ago, I got a Jay Turser JT200 electric, which has been a big improvement for not too much money. It's basically a Les Paul copy, with 2 humbucker pickups.

For an amp, I picked up a cheapo washburn BD12R amp. Suits my purposes for jamming in my apartment.

allthumbs    8

hi all I have a SRV limited edition strat with texas pickups. A cheapy Mann electric with split coils. It is such a dog, the soapbars look like a sheepdogs' hair brush. Wire hanging out every whichway. For some reason it makes this thing just howl with distortion, it's great. I have a Norman accustic, had that for almost 30 years now and I picked up a cheapy artist dobro I am having converted to a frettable slide guitar. I have a blues junior amp with which I use a zoom 506 effects pedal. Fun toys.

allthumbs

right now I have an Ibanez GRX40 guitar... cheap one, but I'll upgrade to a gibson les paul or SG as soon as I can afford to. my amp is a Johnson RepTone 15. even cheaper, it's a piece of crap, and I'm looking at upgrading to a marshall half stack in the future. as for effects, I have a korg AX10G that has nearly every effect you could ever want, it doesn't have the best quality of each effect, but it has them. I'm looking at getting a pedal board and a bunch of single pedals in the future. the funny thing is, my effects pedal cost more than my guitar and amp combined. but I got the pedal for christmas :D

Electrics:

Carvin DC150 custom

Carvin Bolt-T kit

Washburn Lyon series 'Fat Strat' w/Carvin pickups

Acoustics:

Walden G570

Seagull S6+Folk A/E

Washburn EA11 Festival A/E

Oscar Schmidt OG10CE A/E

Bass:

Carvin B4 w/active electronics

'In the hopper'

Art & Lutherie Ami steel string

LaPatrie Concert

For playing electric guitar on a stage I use a Laney VC30-210.

In the house I use a Roland MicroCube.

For acoustic guitar gigs I use a Carvin AG100D.

bluesguy    0

I have a Fender Tex-Mex Stratocaster that I play through a Fender Pro Junior (w/ a Wah, TS-9, Danelectro Cool Cat, & Danelectro Danecho). This rig doesn't get played very often because I have more fun right now with my other setup.

A Takamine EAN-15CX & Genz-Benz Shenandoah Jr acoustic amp.

mjwjr    0

Classic Rock - Folk - Country - Blues

But for now mostly lessons from this site or practice PT method

on:

Epiphone Gibson SPR-350S acoustic ( had work done to level frets and bone nut & saddle. Have elixirs on for about 2 months of daily play. Time for new strings probably go back to lower cost strings. )

or:

Dean Evo Select - LP copy with hb pickups and push pull nobs that turn humbucking off. Cool feature but heavy guitar. ( 9.8 lbs!)

with:

Behringer Vtone GM 108 - Good practice amp for the money but sounds better in headphones. After reading post here about the fender G-Dec I am thinking about trading in for one of these.

but:

the greatest guitar challenge is finding another human being to play with.

so:

UGB I am in Buford you're in Columbus ... interested ?

maybe:

Next purchase - twelve string ? Computer recording equipment ?

bye all

mjwjr

Isn't Buford over by the coast? I'm all the way across the state next to Alabama! :shock: I don't know what you're travel situation is like; I've got 3 little kids and my wife's job keeps her busy all the time, so instead of our house having a soccer mom, we have a soccer dad, dad's taxi, etc. :mrgreen: I have to dash out the door for church right now, but I'm a part of a www.meetup.com group that meets for acoustic jams every 4th Sunday of the month. I'll give you the link later today.

tanglefoot    0

Hi guys

I play (or try to anyway)

A Tanglewood TW28SQN 6 string with Martin strings, Jim dunlop picks, and Dadi finger and thumb picks.

I also just ordered a Vintage VEC500MP Electro Acoustic, Maple body, Maple neck, Maple headstock, rosewood fingerboard.

The Amp is an Eagle PA-4030E 30 Watt PA amp (yes, thats right, a PA amp) runnning into Skytec speakers.

The Tanglewood is fitted with an Artec passive soundhole pickup.

my chordwork is actually gettting better (thanks to the lessons on this site, and I mean that Kirk, thanks) but my fingerpicking is just about nonexistent still.

Darkhodge    0

Hmmmm what I play doesn't really compare to some on here. My equipment consists of:

Ibanez rg570 (just got it - love it)

Vintage strat (vintage as in a company)

Grassroots guitar (same company as ESP and LTD - just in japan)

Carlsbro 100 watt amp

Roland GR-20 Guitar Synth

Boss Megadistortion

Zoom 707II

A lot of random stuff huh? The Vintage guitar has custom electronics that I put in like Dimarzio pickups and a phase switch. The Grassroots guitar has my guitar synth on and the Ibanez is the best guitar I could afford (I'm a student)...

Anyway enough of my rambling! :oops:

Hodge

allthumbs    8

I just picked up a washburn bass for 164 Canadian. Same tuning as standard so I figure it will help with really learning the bottom four strings and will hopefully add a more bassy approuch to my accustic playing.

coldethyl    0

I have an Ibanez GIO and although it's not as flash as some of the more expensive Japanese made Ibanez's, it's got a fairly good tone and I'm happy with it.

I play it through a Marshall MG15 DFX.

Edit: I also have an Ibanez Artwood 6 string Acoustic that I thoroughly enjoy playing.

I would submit pics if I could but am unable to at the moment.

Electrics:

Gibson Les Paul Standard

Fender American Highway 1 Strat

Acoustics:

Taylor 315-ce

a Yamaha (i'm not sure of the model)

Bass:

Fender Mexican Standard Jazz Bass

Amps:

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 with a Marshall 1960 Lead cab.

Roland Cube 30

Peavey TNT 115 (bass amp)

Effects:

Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer

Boss ME-50

Dunlop Crybaby Wah