1. 1. Where are you from?

• UK
    • Australia
    • Canada
    • United States
    • China
    • Korea
    • India
    • Eastern Europe ( sorry, I've lost count :( )
    • Brazil
    • France
    • Mexico
    • Spain
    • Russia
    • Italy
    • Venezuela
    • Middle East (I'm not ignorant, I just don't have much space!)
    • Malaysia
    • Portugal
    • Signapore
    • Other (Please specify)

Although it may embarass some foks to admit it, (on a public forum, yet), I am from the great state of Montana, tucked remotely into the northwest corner of the US. I lived elsewhere after college, but the place called me home, so I left the military and came back to raise our children here, where their roots are deep. I love this place like it was family.

I love the northwest, especially the Yellowstone area, the most beautiful countryside I've ever seen. But I will stick to the south during the winter months ;)

I love the northwest, especially the Yellowstone area, the most beautiful countryside I've ever seen. But I will stick to the south during the winter months ;)

Great idea. Be somewhere else during hurricane season, huh? Funny what a guy gets used to. I was stationed in the southern US and the Phillipines after college. I don't think I minded the heat, but I always found my mind wandering towards snow when I was sweating.

But, here's a pretty good story. Several years ago, I was driving towards kalispell, MT on business. It was a COLD day, maybe -20 with some killing wind. I slowed when I saw a car on the side of the road, hood up, to see if anyone needed help. no one was in the car, so I kept driving, soon finding a really old fellow, carrying a gas can, just walking through the cold. (We were, maybe 10 miles from anything). I stop and get the fellow in my car. I start to lecture the guy about how damn easy it is to get oneself killed in these conditions, and that he should stay with the car, keep warm, etc. Then, realizing I'm lecturing an old-timer, I start to feel pretty silly being such a damn nanny. So, I just say "you know, it's colder then hell out there, today"

The old guy grins and says (no kidding) "Well, at least there's no 'skeeters".

In the meantime I am an Ulster-Scot in the hills of Appalachia which is exactly as it should be. :cool:

lc

Hey IC man, I grew up just across the Virginia line from Kentucky (little coal mining place called Grundy). What area in KY are

you from??

Dallas Tx here by the way.

P.S. I'm just taking notes from all the posts for when vacation time rolls around. :lol: What are the accomodations like?

I'm from a small town in south Arkansas called Warren. So far bac in the sticks they pump in sunshine.

That's a great line. What does it mean? I'm curious- idiomatic speech is one of my interests.

I'm from a small town in south Arkansas called Warren. So far bac in the sticks they pump in sunshine.

Almost the LA/ARK border TinyT ?