• Blue Steel
    • DR
    • Martin
    • Dean Markley
    • Kerly Kues
    • Rotosound
    • Other

coldethyl    0

Have just changed over from GHS to D'Addario's on my electric and so far I'm very happy with them. So happy in fact, that I reckon I'll stick with D'Addario's for a while.

Neil

toryst    0

I had used Elixir exclusively but I tried Martin Silk n Steel on my acoustic and I love em.

Still have Elixirs on my electrics tho.

Huggy49    0

D'Addarios on my electric, Martins on my Martin.

All my strings are faulty, though. They make the sound I *play*, not always the sound I *want*.

-Gary.

OldG    3

Martin Acoustic SP xtra lights on the acoustics (nothing else will do!)

On the other hand, anything goes with electrics I get whatever are the cheapest brandname strings 5 or six packs a time. I've had Gibson strings on my strat types and fender strings on my GS1 Les Paul Junior type - I really can't tell any difference :D

Oh and for the classical I like to use flamenco strings if I can find them, they sound crisp and vibrant compared to anything else.

D-Dawn    0

Martin Marquis' for my acoustics.....I have tried many of the others but never liked the feel ...as far as electric...dunno yet!!

Sakewaste    0

for my electric guitar i dont have a reference for what type of guitar strings to use, since i havent experimented with the type of different strings that they have.

For my acoustic i use "Augustine Classic Strings" (nylon). They're pretty good.

I use somen rather cheap strings, I can get 3 sets for less than 8 dollars... and it's quite nice quality too, considering the price.

090's atm, I'm about to switch to 010's though, but I have a whole stack of 090's so I'll keep using them until they're out. ;P

I use some 014 strings on my other electric, but then I downtune that one to B.

I haven't restrung my acoustic for more than a year... I haven't played it at all during this time. It's elixir 013 strings on it, and it STILL keeps the tone! Woof.

paintangel    0

I use Martin lights on my Ibanez 6 string ...and D'Addarios on my Seagull 12 string and my classical. Why??? Good question. I've only ever had Martins on the 6 string and it's heading to 25yrs old and was recommended D'Addarios for my 12 string when I bought it. Are we just creatures of habit or is there a notable difference to create preference? I really wouldn't mind feed back on this.:dunno: :dunno:

solidwalnut    5

I use Martin SP4100's for my acoustic, phosphor bronze, lights. I love the way these strings sound on my acoustic. Not too brash, not too sweet. My axe has a cedar top, so most of the brashness is 'absorbed'.

For electric, I used to use Ernie Ball super slinkies (9's) for years. Just about a couple of years ago, I switched to using Dean Markley Blue Steel custom guage (medium bottom strings, light top strings). These things sound great and really last.

Steve