• Aged between 10 and 15
    • Aged between 16 and 21
    • Aged between 22 and 30
    • Aged between 31 and 40
    • Aged between 41 and 50
    • Aged between 51 and 60
    • Aged between 61 and 70
    • Aged 71+

Gonna hit the big 4-0 next month and I'm just starting to learn cos was always interested in playing guitar but never got around to it (I know, excuses, excuses). Tried a couple of years back but just gave up cos of lack of support and motivation. Okay, so maybe I'm just really lazy and couldn't be bothered (or maybe it's just life getting in the way.........work, kids, pets, family, friends, etc :)) but you guys have instilled a bit of drive and determination in me to succeed at this. Thanx guys :thumbup:

There's definitely an interesting variation of age in the forum.............s'great that it's mixing so well..!! :yes:

Tracy

50 here. And #2 would be a fitting description for me. All of the internet resources (tabs, web sites like this) and Guitar Pro finally got me over the hump and on my way to learning to play. Now I want to sell everything, buy a shack in the woods, and sit on the porch and play guitar all day. Cept I'd still have to have a computer and internet connection.

Hi Family

I'm very sorry for being Late:oops: , I'm 23

Lots of Regds

Kush

Not to worry, from the looks of the posts (including mine) you're at least 17 years early or so. :D

I'm 42 , I've played bass since I was 25ish - and guitar for 5 or 6 years I suppose.

As for feeling my age - put me at 25 still ,but with a few aches and pains :D ( I lift and shift building materials for a living)

65 on 9/1, a real beginner. Bad shoulders, arthritus in hands, bad picking thumb, thin fingernails, and a touch of carpal tunnel, but by God I'm playing every day and don't intend to stop. Have a Korean Martin 000 and a Chinese Strat copy. When I can play a little, forget the copies.

Happy Birthday PhilUSAFRet :drinking: (I hope you mean 1st Sep)

Great day! First day of Spring, my 27th wedding anniversary.

I was 50 on July 1:reallymad:

I'm a builder.

Have played guitar for 32 years.

And sound like a Dogs breakfast.

45 here... and I obviously bear a great responsibility to maintain a fine tradition in music-making, having the same birthday as Beethoven (not the year, you wag).

Hooray! I feel better seeing I am in the largest voting block (41 to 50). As my fingers are struggling to spread apart to make all these chords, I felt like maybe I had started too late! NO WAY!

Wow, a lot of folks from outside the US on this site, which is great!

54 and 1 week! and I'm married to a 43 year old angel. I love being my age, it don't

bother me at all. Coz I intend to grow old as disgracefully as possible.:beer:

Your only as disgracefull as you feel brudda. I was disowned twice before I hit 50. I'm a natural, it's a gift.:D

50 here. And #2 would be a fitting description for me. All of the internet resources (tabs, web sites like this) and Guitar Pro finally got me over the hump and on my way to learning to play. Now I want to sell everything, buy a shack in the woods, and sit on the porch and play guitar all day. Cept I'd still have to have a computer and internet connection.

Man I so feel you, I would so love to do some thing like that but not quite a shack. My place right now would be in my camper van by the sea with the freedom to to drive to the next beach or cliff veiw untill I get bored and then move on again. Of course it would have to be the Irish coast but without the rain as nothing on this planet can compaire to that (ok one exception New Zealand). Yep I would still need broadband and being a measilly 34 it will be at least 20 years until I do that. My mobile phone will be the first thing that gets smashed up followed by burning of all my bills for the past year.

Right in the middle of the biggest voting blocs at 44....I'm a firm believer that growing older is mandatory, but growing up is optional! :D Just picked up the guitar again after a 25 year hiatus, and wondering why I ever quit playing!