• Aged between 10 and 15
    • Aged between 16 and 21
    • Aged between 22 and 30
    • Aged between 31 and 40
    • Aged between 41 and 50
    • Aged between 51 and 60
    • Aged between 61 and 70
    • Aged 71+

I saw the Les Paul "Trio" a couple of years back in Manhattan, near Lincoln Center. I think the place was called "Fat Tuesdays". He is likely in the place mentioned above now, as I think Fat Tuesdays is gone.

Anyway, the show was great. He has a drummer, bass and a kid on guitar who is technically perfect.

But he's not as good as Les.

You gotta have soul. Whatever "it" is, Les has still got it.

rednek    0

I've lost the thread but some one in New Jersey said he played regularly (once a week or month) at a club near them. Maybe you can see that post. Les Paul is like Bob Hope ... gonna play till he drops. I wonder what ever happened to Mary Ford. Les would be a tough act to follow!

nowhere-man    0
When you get to nowhere-man's age, anytime is bedtime.

:yawn: Eh?........Wha?..............did somebody say something?...............Wake me up when September comes :sleep:

:ohmy: Hey that would make a good song title:thumbup:

Lcjones    8

hmmm,

This is an interesting demographic. Not at all what I expected. Better than half, who have voted, are over 40. If this is a true indicator, then I have some questions.

1) Are these 40+ folks just beginning guitar or do they have some experience and wish to further educate themselves?

2) Are these 40+ folks fulfilling a life long dream to learn the guitar?

3) Are these 40+ folks just looking for a hobby?

I'm sure I could come up with more but these just struck me at the moment.

Les

bluesguy    0

1) Are these 40+ folks just beginning guitar or do they have some experience and wish to further educate themselves?

/QUOTE]

I am definitely in this category. My former guitar teacher called me an intermediate guitar player. :oops: In any case, I am always trying to get better. This is a good place to do that.

seagull    0

I'm 57, and I don't feel a day over 80. I'm learning more or less as a hobbie, and it is something I was always interested in, but life kind of got in the way. Now I'm retired and have the time.

mcollett    0

Hey I like the 52 and a half answer but it's more like 44 and a half

(Hey I could be pretty darn good by 52 1/2 if I get there)

Bought my first guitar this past x-mas.

Fun and diverse group we have here.

Mike

The article is a hoot! Hell my wife jumped at the idea of an acustic......I was looking at New Harleys!

Great Seattle Times article. That's me, all the way. I played bass as a teenager, hanging around one active local rock band and my younger brother's punk band, taking the high school stage only one time for a Blues Brothers R&B revue. Then I left for college. I have no idea what happened to that bass.

I bought an acoustic when I first met my wife about twenty years ago, then bought my first electric about three years ago and started taking regular lessons with a young shredder.

I now have seven guitars, if you count the bass and the electric traveler, and play constantly. I don't care if I never play out. If I impress an old friend or brother once a year, around Christmas or Fourth of July, that's enough crowd reaction for me. I just love playing guitar. The guitar is my hobby, collecting gear my vice, playing is like spending time with my mistress.

The only reason I'm typing now is because my wife insisted that I unplug so that she & the kids could go to bed.

So, the question is, now that they are sound asleep, should I plug my headphones into the Toneport or the Microcube?