• Aged between 16 and 21
    • Aged between 22 and 30
    • Aged between 31 and 40
    • Aged between 41 and 50
    • Aged between 51 and 60
    • Aged between 61 and 70
    • Aged 71+

But does experience edge out stamina? :lol:

I'm 15, but I put 16 just in case the government were to check my internet history and realize that I'm not yet old enough to drive...

:helpsmili

It appears that at 43, I'm in the majority group. Oh well, a touch of grey kinda suits us anyway...

I wouldn't care if it turned purple.......as long as it quit falling out!

Yeah, Tcliff, I've got that action goin' on myself. Luckily, a lot of the kids that I play hockey with must think it's cool to be bald, so they shave their heads. It turns out that with a jersey on, I've got more hair than most. Unfortunately when I've got a guitar in my hand I'm just another middle-aged greying dude with male-pattern-baldness.

It's all good.

But does experience edge out stamina? :lol:

No, I wouldn't say exp. necessarily "edges out" stamina, but it seems as though we all bring something to the table. People in your age category bring youthful enthusiasm and vitality to the forum -- us older guys bring wisdom and...and um...ehh...

c'mon guys, help me out -- my memory seems to be slipping. We bring wisdom and what else was that again to the table?! :oops:

Bob

Damn, I thought I had "old geezer" nailed till nowhere-man showed with a 6 month lead on me! 67

Howdy rednek, don't worry about it. I'm slowing down, so if you push a bit harder you should catch me up. :D

Sounds like I might be the grandaddy here then. Fame at last!!:wheelchai

Maybe I should put down the guitar, and take up the harp. Fireproof harp at that.:devil2:

Maybe we're still just punk kids ... the poll shows 2%+ over 71. Ledhead V-2 (a gracious person if ever there was one) sent me news that Les Paul, who's in his 90's is still playing!

I'm compensating by playing only fast tempo stuff so I don't nod off so easily!!!!!!

Stay in there,

Ken

Maybe we're still just punk kids ... the poll shows 2%+ over 71. Ledhead V-2 (a gracious person if ever there was one) sent me news that Les Paul, who's in his 90's is still playing!

I'm compensating by playing only fast tempo stuff so I don't nod off so easily!!!!!!

Stay in there,

Ken

Yes I think I read somewhere that Les Paul still plays a weekly gig in a club somewhere.

His early records were among my earliest inspirations. If only I had started playing way back then, instead of now. :( Think of the fun I've missed. No, think of the fun I can have now. :D

Fast tempo eh.................:rockon::punk::sweatdrop

Yup...ya can catch him every Monday nite at a little club called the Iridium in Manhattan, NY. Amazing at 90 years of age.

He lives here in Jersey, a town called Mahwah.. where back in the 1940's he "invented" the famous Les Paul guitar, who's style has held up through the test of time.

Les was also the founding father of multi-track recording as well.

Amazing ... I can still remember the song he did with Mary Ford (?) that must have been his signature song " somewhere there's music etc how high the moon" and I

think that was the first time I ever heard mult-track recording. Was that in the 50's?

Maybe it's true ... we just get better with age!

I was at a convention in Las Vegas a few years ago and they drove us out to some restaurant in the outskirts where we were entertained by a group called the "Old Geezers" ... they were a riot and pretty damn good. ...now if I can just get my fingers

around a Bb I'll be hot on Clapton's tail.

Amazing ... I can still remember the song he did with Mary Ford (?) that must have been his signature song " somewhere there's music etc how high the moon" and I

think that was the first time I ever heard mult-track recording. Was that in the 50's?

That's right, Mary Ford was his wife. How high the moon was the song, and I think it was the fifties.

He multi-tracked the guitar and his wife.

Fancy multi-tracking your wife..........as if one wife isn't enough.:unsure:

He was having problems with speed fluctuations with his recorder, so he made his own rig in his garage, using a Buick (I think it was) flywheel. Amazing.

too funny and very interesting. I'd never really thought of multi-tracking my wife ... I wonder how you do that...!

You must be a night owl ... isn't it your bedtime over there?

all the best,

Ken

too funny and very interesting. I'd never really thought of multi-tracking my wife ... I wonder how you do that...!

You must be a night owl ... isn't it your bedtime over there?

all the best,

Ken

Thanks for reminding me. I'm waiting for the sandman to come anytime now.

See you later :yawn::sleep:

I was just checking in...still in the majority at 42...been playing since I was...42, but I'm still in the youth class at Taekwondo (the Master says I'm her biggest kid).