Kirk Lorange

PlaneTalk Frequently asked Questions

Kirk Lorange    128
I'm assuming that I have to wait to get PT (in hand) before I am allowed into the forum?

Hi D-Dawn ... I just OKed your account at the PT forum, but I do recommend that you wait til you've read the book, viewed the DVD before visiting. It will all make much more sense.

D-Dawn    0
Hi D-Dawn ... I just OKed your account at the PT forum, but I do recommend that you wait til you've read the book, viewed the DVD before visiting. It will all make much more sense.

Planned on it! Don't want to lose myself in there! ;)

Stratrat    0

As much as my curiosity about the forum is killing me, I'm going to take Kirk's advice and hold off until I've read the book and gone through the DVD.

....but it's KILLIN' me!!! :)

D-Dawn    0
As much as my curiosity about the forum is killing me, I'm going to take Kirk's advice and hold off until I've read the book and gone through the DVD.

....but it's KILLIN' me!!! :)

Yeah what Stratrat said! I'm gonna pay attention to Kirk's advice. 6string is just trying to get me in trouble :crying2: (LoL)

D-Dawn    0

Well I've gone thru the book and "Ah Ha'd" several times already...alot to absorb tho...going to view the dvd, read again, then on to the PT forum for higher enlightenment! (so I hope lol)

Thanks for the super fast shipping and a great resource!! :winkthumb::thumbup1::thumbup:

D-Dawn    0
I guess you lucked out on your shipping, Dawn - I'm still anxiously awaiting mine! Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Sure did! i've had stuff shipped within the US get to me a lot slower than this did! I hope you get yours soon!! Very sooN! :yes:

Stratrat    0

My copy of PT came today, and I just finished reading it cover to cover for the first time. Definitely a lot of "A-HA!" moments in there, even on the first run-through......Kirk lays it out in a way that's unbelievably simple and understandable. I've read a lot of other instruction books and stuff on the web, and nothing else has ever explained it so logically, elegantly and simply. To say that it makes "Fretboard Logic" look like brain surgery by comparison is an understatement! I've read FL, and felt more confused afterward than I was before.....PT is just the opposite.

Time to start practicing now - see you on the PT forum soon! :winkthumb:

justinthyme    3
My copy of PT came today, and I just finished reading it cover to cover for the first time. Definitely a lot of "A-HA!" moments in there, even on the first run-through......Kirk lays it out in a way that's unbelievably simple and understandable. I've read a lot of other instruction books and stuff on the web, and nothing else has ever explained it so logically, elegantly and simply. To say that it makes "Fretboard Logic" look like brain surgery by comparison is an understatement! I've read FL, and felt more confused afterward than I was before.....PT is just the opposite.

What you said, Stratrat - my reaction to PT (and Fretboard Logic) exactly :yes:

WernHalen    0

Now I am glad I never got FL... I actually was scpetical about so many of these Internet "scams"... I listened to Kirk play a tune using only Plane talk and I was hooked. I bought the PDF and then won the book and DVD a bit later... A Great investment...

D-Dawn    0

Congrats!! I'm so pleased to hear you got it in! (I called those Ah-Ha moments by another phrase, lol...but I can't repeat them here! :eek: )

My kids tried first thing to get into it, but I told them they'd have to show me they're ready first...another 6 months or so should do it for them.:winkthumb:

Kirk Lorange    128
Can your method be used with open tunings?Specifically G and D.

Hi, mojogog ... sorry I missed this.

Not really. There are two aspects to the lesson PlaneTalk teaches: one is the 'follow the changes' approach to improvisation and making music ... that aspect applies to any old tuning.

The other aspect is how to make sense of the fretboard -- the whole fretboard -- and that wouldn't be applicable since PlaneTalk decodes the maze that standard tuning throws up.

I hope this answers your question. :)

Rojoyinc    0

I ordered the "whole pile" hoping it's worth it. I have all 3 fretboard Logic books (from a set ) and though they are okay, they're nothing magical. I must preferred a book I bought called "The Everything Rock and Blues guitar book". FBL is a longer version of that book. I don't really use the CAGED - well I'm not thinking that way.

I've been playing for only 3 years, I play decent blues rifs over background tracks using the pentatonic scale, but I want more. I have scaled over chords a LITTLE - and I like that, I suspect this is more about that. I love to learn - so I went for the entire package (I noticed it doesn't include the slide?) itself.

Hoping it's worth it... I teach Fine portraiture online and I know how awesome my site is - so I always suspect great things from sites teachers like this... and your site shows that you stand behind the teaching. I do barre chods, 7th chords, I play a lot of John Mayer stuff (Neon, slow Dancing etc) so I'm use to the full fretboard, but not totally sure of what I'm actually doing. anyway - thought I'd give it a shot.

st_jo    0

ok, i got some poker winnings in my pocket and a new source of regular income..... i will be oredering PT soon. quick question: $13 s/h from Australia..... what type of shipping? 1st class....?

oh, and any cynics or naysayers about?

Stratrat    0
...oh, and any cynics or naysayers about?

St. Jo - Do a Google search and check it out. Even if one wanted to use the "conspiracy theory" that Kirk and Clancy would censor and/or delete any negative feedback about PT here, you know that dissatisfied customers would be slamming it elsewhere around the 'net if they thought it was a rip-off. There are plenty of guitar forums where people could go talk trash if they so desired.

I was very skeptical about PT before ordering it - I've spent too much money on too many guitar DVDs and instruction books and been much less than satisfied with most of them. Nevertheless, I gave Kirk the benefit of the doubt - and am 100% convinced that it's the best money I've ever spent on any guitar instruction material.

Tekker    1
oh, and any cynics or naysayers about?

Not I. :winkthumb: You will love it!

I do think there needs to be a change to the FAQ though. I think this is a GREAT book for beginners to see the theory behind the chords they are learning. The DVD is probably too advanced for the beginner level, but the book is great read for beginners IMO. Theory explained at a very basic level that gives something else to work on away from the guitar.

This is essential information and the sooner it's learned the better.

-tkr