Nutty

How to set up?

Stratrat =

Does the Alesis Mixer have direct monitoring?

Thanks.

Nutty

Yes. It has a headphone out as well as a 'control room' out for direct monitoring. I usually monitor through headphones when recording.

Will the midi 1x1 cable thingy (the one Fly posted) work with USB 2? I noted the cable is USB 1.1. Or should I find a USB 2?

I'll repost the link.

Buy E-Mu Xmidi 1X1 USB MIDI interface online at Musician's Friend

Thanks.

Nutty

It will work with USB 2.0. USB 2.0 ports on your computer will work with any USB 1.1 device. The data rate for USB 1.1 should be plenty for midi data. The midi data doesn't carry any audio data, just information related to what note is being played and various parameters.

Thanks Strat and Fly,

It looks like I may go this route. Has anyone ordered goods from Musicians Friends to Canada? Any problems?

Thanks.

Nutty

Funny you should ask. I just started (yesterday) a teckie class with my guitar teacher, so he told me to hold-off buying anything. So, I decided to buy myself an electric guitar in the meantime. Ya know, if you're gonna buy an audio interface, you need stuff to plug in right? That was my thinking to. So, yesterday the guitar teacher says, so did you buy your interfact (grrrr). Well, I read your message as I was walking out the door.

I ended up spending a little more than I wanted, but I think it's worthwhile. I bought the PreSonus Firebox. PreSonus

Now I have to wait again. We just bought a new computer that has firewire, which I need for the Firebox. So, now I have to wait on DH to set me up. Our daughter has the same computer though, which is hooked up, so I may see if I can find a couple of free inches on the floor to plug it in to try out. Gotta love those teenagers!

Anyway, probably a lot more information than you asked for, but thank you for asking Carol. It is such an emotional (good kind) ordeal. I just hate that my employer expects me to work with all these new toys here!

Nutty

Nice, I've heard good things about the Firepod and it looks like the Firebox if the 4 channel version of the Firepod. I think the Firepod's sound quality is equivalent to the Aardvark card that I use, so you should be very happy with it.

-tkr