coldethyl

Strung Out

I have a question and I apologise if this has been asked before.

BUT........when I bought my Ibanez electric 6 months ago, I had GHS 9's put on and the guy also set it up for me.

Now my question is this: Now I would like to change the strings from 9's to 10's. Do I have to get the guitar set up again or do I just go ahead and change the strings?

Neil:D

You need to set it up again... A higher gauge means more tension on the neck, more

tension means more bowing, more bowing means higher action and possibly intonation

problems...!!!

If I may ask... Why are you changing to 10's...?

You need to set it up again... A higher gauge means more tension on the neck, more

tension means more bowing, more bowing means higher action and possibly intonation

problems...!!!

If I may ask... Why are you changing to 10's...?

I just prefer a slightly heavier gauge. The 9's bend to easily for my liking. I prefer a using a little elbow grease when bending and the 9's are just too easy. Plus the 10's will give me a warmer tone won't they?

Neil:thumbup1:

I find that with 9's I'm over-bending when I shouldn't be and so I figure if I switch to 10's then I'll have a little bit more resistance to help me NOT overbend.

Does that make sense?:unsure: I hope so!

Neil:)

I just prefer a slightly heavier gauge. The 9's bend to easily for my liking. I prefer a using a little elbow grease when bending and the 9's are just too easy. Plus the 10's will give me a warmer tone won't they?

Neil:thumbup1:

The reason I asked is because I also tried a heavier gauge on one of my electrics, and

hated it, It caused my fingers more fatigue and made me not want to play that particular guitar.

So, after resetting it for the 10's, I went back to 9's and had to re-re set it...!!!:huh:

I do use 10's on my acoustics, with out a problem... Strange, huh...? I guess I just

approach them differently...!!!

But really, I think it's just a matter of personal preference...;)