taco-waco

Zoom G1-G1X

Well, I'm checking this effects pedals too, the Zoom G1 and G1X, obviously the G1X is better, but due to the budget problem G1 is more close to me.. lol So I am undecided.. between the G1, G1X, and Korg AX10G...

I don't know them very well, just saw a video on youtube some demo of G1X made by some guitar player. But I don't know, it didn't sound that great for me.

So what do you think of those? How would you rate them?

ZOOM G1X

EG01550.jpg

ZOOM G1

ZoomG1.jpg

Well, I'm checking this effects pedals too, the Zoom G1 and G1X, obviously the G1X is better, but due to the budget problem G1 is more close to me.. lol So I am undecided.. between the G1, G1X, and Korg AX10G...

I don't know them very well, just saw a video on youtube some demo of G1X made by some guitar player. But I don't know, it didn't sound that great for me.

So what do you think of those? How would you rate them?

ZOOM G1X

EG01550.jpg

ZOOM G1

ZoomG1.jpg

ive heard the G2.1u and i like the sound coming out from it. my friend who plays with me regularly on sundays use it for his electric guitar and i cant tell the difference compared to another guy using BOSS pedals.

i havent heard the G1/G1x though

ive heard the G2.1u and i like the sound coming out from it. my friend who plays with me regularly on sundays use it for his electric guitar and i cant tell the difference compared to another guy using BOSS pedals.

i havent heard the G1/G1x though

Well the G2.1u is better than those two, comes with USB, but still i wanted to hear more opinion about the G1 and G1X :)

I have an AX3G. It's a nice little cheap unit. The advantages... the distortion and other FX sound pretty good. The disadvantages... no computer editing of the presets.

I have an AX3G. It's a nice little cheap unit. The advantages... the distortion and other FX sound pretty good. The disadvantages... no computer editing of the presets.

Computer editing of the presets? You mean some other models can allow you to edit the presets through the computer?

Many MultiFX allow editing and saving presets. The AX3G, AX5G, and AX1500G don't. The Boss GT-8, Digitech GNX and newer RP series do support computer editing. Computer editing is a very useful feature. I find it much easier to tweak tones with an editor. And the ability to backup is important.

The G1 is a nice little unit, its well worth upgrading to the G2 with pedal as it has USB output allowing you to record at a decent standard. Tones are nice once tweaked, only thing is it is a "home" or "Studio" effects unit and not designed to be played live. Thats not to say you canot but it will have its challenges.

The G1 is a nice little unit, its well worth upgrading to the G2 with pedal as it has USB output allowing you to record at a decent standard. Tones are nice once tweaked, only thing is it is a "home" or "Studio" effects unit and not designed to be played live. Thats not to say you canot but it will have its challenges.

hi...how is a home/studio effects unit different from a "live" effects unit? coz im interested with the zoom A2 but if it is no good for live, then i wont buy it.

i play in churches with attendances ranging anywhere from a hundred people to venues with thousands (like coliseums). are these considered "live"?....

The reason I said its more of a home or studio unit is that you do not have easy access to patches, if you compare the G2 to the G7 or G9 you have a bank of at least 4 footswitches plus a boost or channel 2 switch for fast switching between the patches and also the up and down footswitches. On the G2 (or G1) you only have up and down so you will have to plan the patches in advance of your set. The set I play is very varied and without my G7 I would be lost.

Ah, of course, first at all, i need one for practice.. more like home and studio, of course I am not that good yet, so don't really need some thing that is difficult to use and expensive.