hb

"Internet Library" forum?

I have a suggestion for a forum that I feel would be very useful. Perhaps I am the only one. If so, what the heck, at least I asked!

I'm always going to a suggested site to look for something I need relating to playing the guitar. Midi files here, computer equipment for guitars there, tab programs over there. I can get so many bookmarks that it all gets lost in a quagmire. How about some sort of a forum "library" where if one found a good site for any particular use pertaining the guitar, it could go into this "library". And sort this library according to the products. Call one....midi files sites, another recording equipment sites, another tab program sites. I for one, get tired of having one hour to practice and spending 45 minutes of this time surfing the net looking for a program that I need.

Anyone agree??????

thanks,

hb

It's an interesting idea hb, it might cause hassle for the site though as people could use it to promote their own sites so it would have to be carefully monitored and all sites would have to be approved by Clancy especially tab sites as a lot of these are operating outside the law so it could be problematic for this site to be seen to endorse them through a forum.

Good idea though, I do have a rather large bookmark list as well, I think a lot of members have.

It does sound like a good idea. However, you can set your favorites/bookmarks up in folders (like a filing system) so that things are easier to find and don't get lost in the shuffle.

I understand what your saying and it makes it a heap of sense but you could always do as I do book mark things under names you know ...

If its a midi file on on John Blob singing Crush bookmark it as "John blobs' Crush "

Not perfect but one site giving preference to others might be a drama legally ..

I don't know I am just assuming so

Trev..:)

It's not a bad idea, it would just take a lot of moderating. I do have something that could be added onto the site that could work well for this but at this stage I don't have the time to set it up. Maybe in the future.

Cheers

Clancy

How about setting up a Guitar Links Wiki?

This would keep GfB from running into any kinds of problems with any "questionable" sites, because the links would not be posted directly on the forum.

This would also be nice because everyone could edit it and add links as they wish.

The link to the Wiki could be stickied in one of the forums. Maybe on one of the forums where you have to be registered to get to it, so not just anyone can find it and edit it.

-tkr