• Stevie Ray Vaughn
    • Eddie Van Halen
    • Rik Emmett
    • Nils Lofgren
    • Jimi Hendrix
    • Joe Satriani
    • Jimmy Page

Bob H    0

Thankfully, a couple finally added Joe Pass (why jazz gets ignored . . .?). Let's spread our wings and add Al DiMeola and Paco DeLucia. Two totally different players, but I've never seen anyone faster or better, be it rock or any other genre.

Doug    12
It has to be yes's Steve Howe!

Steve Howe

Hey - is that allowed? Voting for yourself?

When I was a kid I spent ages trying to learn Mood For A Day. Lift the tone arm, place it down, listen to the lick, lift the tone arm, place it down, listen to the lick, lift the tone arm, place it down, listen to the lick...

Wore out the track. Didn't learn the song. ;)

Daktari    0

Hi there,

Honestly, none of my favourites appear on that list. It's like a huge tree that branches out into many different styles and some of the best players occupy the very small twigs at the end of each branch. Most of the players on the list there certainly would be on the main trunk if not the thicker branches.

What about Doc Watson? I also like Mark Knopfler but if I had to pick one guy right now who is influencing me more than anyone it would be Oliver Mtukudzi, a Zimbabwean guitarist famous for Tuku Music. Also, Al DiMeola, if that's how you spell it.

Gordon.

Any list that doesn't have Monte Montgomery on it should be null and void. I mean his guitar is named "Excalibur" and has it's own myspace page. He has been called "The Evel Knievel" of the guitar world and was named SXSW acoustic player of the year 7 years in a row. Listen and and watch him play and you'll be forever changed. Montiacs forever!!!!

Sweetpicker    1

I like to say who is the best for whatever Genre I like. I don't have one favorite.

Blues: Stevie Ray Vaughan

Hard Rock: Eddie Van Halen

Jazz: Wes Montgomery

Metal/Shredding: Paul Gilbert

Classical: Andres Segovia

almaink    1

No Buddy Guy? I saw Buddy a few months ago and for a man his age he is still amazing. You could also add Johnny Winter to the group. So many greats out there it's hard to say who's the best.

tinsmith    2

Too many to mention.....

Preston Reed, Michael Hedges, Pierre Bensusan, Tommy Emannuel, Tony Rice.....more

Eric Clapton, Sonny Landreth, Warren Haynes, Johnny A., Derek Trucks, John McLaughlin, Joe Bonamassa.......more

Stu74    35

Jimi hendrix ,Angus Young , Slash , Brian May, David Gilmore ,Les Paul and Chet Atkins are some of my favourites but my number 1 guitarist has to be Mark Knopfler.He would get my vote.