• Stevie Ray Vaughn
    • Eddie Van Halen
    • Rik Emmett
    • Nils Lofgren
    • Jimi Hendrix
    • Joe Satriani
    • Jimmy Page

starsailor    20
Some interesting choices of players there, could stir up a hornets nest!

Only BB king, Clapton and Hendrix get my vote.

No Rory Gallagher?????

Poor old Rory always gets left out, he's brilliant

No Peter Green?????????

Not an easy one to do Thom, good list though:winkthumb:

StateRd84    0

Thanks,

I probably should have posted my choices before anyone else. I know, that Peter and Rory should get mentioned, and Lindsey Buckingham, and, and, and...

Not trying to stir up a hornets nest. This list actually reflects alot of my interest. I'm curious about a couple of the entries to see Howe many votes the get since, in my book, they are amazing.

Oh yea, this is a public vote which will go down in 8 days. Maybe I'll do another after that:unsure: .

Thom

coldethyl    0

Unfortunately I can't answer this question accurately because I've arrived at the conclusion that I have too many "favourite" guitarists and to choose one of them above another would be doing a great injustice. So I just accept that I have many favourite guitarists now and I leave it at that!

I will say that I would have picked seven out of the one's you placed in the poll. I won't say which seven they are though.

There are others too that you didn't include in your poll (but that's okay since you can't be expected to please everyone) and they are: Peter Frampton, Eric Johnson, Steve Vai, Angus Young, Duane Allman, Dicky Betts, Mike Bloomfield, Joe Walsh, Robin Trower, Mick Taylor, Tommy Emmanuel, Brian May, Allen Collins, David Gilmour, Slash, John Petrucci, Jeff Beck, Carlos Santana, and too many more to mention.

scott58    0

I have to agree with coldethyl. Although I voted for EVH, there's Chuck Berry, John Lennon, Jimmy Page, David Gilmour, Angus Young (Angus pretty much personifies how I feel about Rock guitar playing :yes: ). and Satriani. I even have to give Roy Clark a nod if you've ever heard that guy play a banjo. To many stellar players out there to pick just one.

Tekker    1

No choice for "other" ? :D

My favorite changes on a regular basis. I just recently saw some live videos of Phil Keaggy on youtube and was blown away.... I've heard him before and even have a "guitar instructional" video by him (that is WAAAY over my head LOL!) but seeing him with his looping pedals doing his thing live was just mind blowing.

So yeah, Phil Keaggy. :yes:

-tkr

GT    0

well, this poll lacks many big names as everyone mentioned before. To be honest, the guitarist that made me pick up a guitar for the 1st time was Kirk Hammet from Metallica,....and then it was Kurt Kobain with his 4 powerchords...

That list lacks Ron Thal, Greg Howe, Ritchie Kotzen, Steve Morse, Guthrie Govan, Marcel Coenen, Shawn Lane, Mathias IA Eklhund and many more amazing monsters....

The guitarist that made me really LEARN guitar and made me practice the guitar...and most important, he changed the way i "perceived" the guitar as a way of expression more than an instrument and "speak" with every note, was is and will be Joe Satriani.The first time i heard the "Surfing with the alien" CD i was amazed...completly aaawwed. Im still amazed.

So, he is my personal hero and im proud to be the 1st one i choose him:winkthumb: